Hawaii
Options

Oahu Vendor Reviews

I haven't really contributed much to this community, but I thought my vendor reviews may be helpful to other brides.  I definitely used this board to find vendors, so wanted to return the favor!  We had an amazing wedding and I couldn't have been happier with how it all turned out.

Aloha on the Rocks: A-
We used them as our bartender service.  We paid the extra $75 fee to drop off all our booze to his office in Kailua before the wedding so we wouldn't have to transport it all up there.  It was well worth it!  The day of, they set up a smaller satellite bar during cocktail hour and then the main bar with a tent and all the fixings.  It looked great!  I never actually go to meet the bartender because the cocktail server was super attentive and made sure me and my husband didn't want for anything.  My guests/family said the bartender worked her butt off and was awesome.  I gave them an A- instead of an A because my mom said that she saw the server in the bathroom taking stuff out of the amenity basket for the guests and when she saw my mom (not knowing she was the mother-of-the-bride) she said "oh, they won't care!" 

Cakes by Dev: A
We had 4 different flavors of cupcakes and a cake on top.  They deliver and set up as part of the package - which is great!! I sent Dev and Lian some pictures of cakes I liked and they did a GREAT job creating a little cake for the top.  The cupcakes were super moist - even days later when we were still eating the leftovers.  Definitely recommend the guava cupcakes!!

FlashLab Photo Booth: A++++
I love these guys! They have state of the art/beautiful equipment, awesome props and Aerin & Emili are super friendly and VERY responsive.  If you are having any kind of event on Oahu, they are the ones who will guarantee a good time!!

Hale Aina Catering: A++
Kanani and his team are just great.  Everyone is still talking about how delicious the food was and how awesome Kanani, Jarrod and the service staff were.  The passed appetizers were delectable and the staff made sure we got plenty.  We did a buffet and it was beautiful! Kanani made these awesome wood boxes to hold his food and it adds such a nice touch.   I highly recommend them for your food needs!!

Jay's Limousine: A
We had 2 different vehicles - a 10 passenger limo and a 24-passenger bus.  Both arrived on time for pick up and drop off, both were stocked with water and the drivers were very friendly.  Very reliable and the best quoted prices I got when shopping around. 

Eric Dotterer: A++
We found Eric by posting an ad on craiglist for a musician.  We wanted someone to play ukulele and guitar for our guests before the ceremony and during dinner.  He did a great job at a great price!! All our guests talked about how friendly he was and he had a great voice!! He even learned a new song for my processional and recessional on a week's notice.  I can't say enough about how great he was.  He is also a minister, so he can do the ceremony too!  Here's his contact info:  (808) 250-2020 or dotterer@hawaii.edu

Kahu Bruce: A+++++
I know he already has lots of good reviews on here, but here's another! He met us at the Dept. of Health when we applied for our marriage license and walked us through the ceremony elements and what to expect.  On the day of, he did a GREAT job of rounding everyone up and giving instructions.  Our guests loved all the little touches of Aloha and the beautiful ceremony.

Pacific Party Rentals: A+
The team showed up on time both for set up and break down.  All the equipment/rentals were in great shape! The team did a fabulous job stringing outdoor lights for us and I couldn't have been happier.  Highly recommend!

Rebecca Keizer Studios: A+++++++++++++++
I absolutely loved our photographer and her 2nd shooter is her husband, who is also super friendly!! She felt like just another one of your girlfriends hanging out and getting ready with you on the big day.  We did the package that included an engagement photo shoot but we had already done one, so she came along to one of our events the week of the wedding and got some great shots.  On the day of, she and her husband were great.  Jerome even took out the trash for us!! I've only seen the sneak peek photos so far, but they are sooo beautiful.  I can't wait for the rest!!

KJ Butta: AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.cerritosallstars.com or www.kjbutta.com
KJ actually works out of New York, but grew up in Hawaii.  Our timing was such that he was home for a vacation and we were able to book him for our wedding.  I was really nervous about the music for our wedding.  My husband can be a bit of a music snob and we had a group of people ranging in age, so I didn't know what kind of music to have! KJ absolutely nailed it.  By far the best DJ I've ever heard.  Our dance floor was NOT empty for a single minute the whole night.  Even the vendors at the end of the night were asking us who he was because they said he was the best DJ they ever heard in Hawaii.  I don't know if you will be able to get him in Hawaii again for your wedding, but if you can, well worth it!!

I think that's everyone!! We were very happy with all our vendors and were so happy to hear our guests say over and over "that was the best wedding we have ever been to!" I think a lot of that goes to our vendors...thanks!!

Re: Oahu Vendor Reviews

• Options
    Great reviews! What was your venue?
  • Options
    Congratuations!   Great to hear your DJ worked out, that's so awesome!
  • Options
    Congrats!  Thnak you for the reviews -- they're really helpful to everyone planning.  Glad it seems everything turned out great for you guys!
  • Options
    Sorry...forgot to mention the best part...our venue!!

We got married at Secret Island and had our reception at Molii Gardens - all through Kualoa Ranch.  I cannot say enough about how stunning the background is there.  You get the sand/ocean/sunshine on secret island, which is amazing.  Then, you also get the gorgeous mountains and foliage at the reception site. 

Only downside is it can get a tad muggy after any rain up there and you have to rent everything. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_oahu-vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:e739f0f8-d791-4dfd-bf8f-0ad48e0d7967Post:52906edb-b1bd-4458-b5db-e7bd3163c615">Re: Oahu Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great reviews! What was your venue?
    Posted by knockout7075[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards