Hawaii
Options

Anyone have a favorite hotel on Kauai? What about Oahu?

We will be on Oahu for 2 or 3 nights. I'm seeing mixed reviews on the hotels. Since we are mostly sightseeing and doing a lot of activites I don't think its necessary to be on the beach. So, across the road from the beach will be cool with us and I'm not too concerend with it being overly plush since we won't be in the room much.

We then plan to hop over to Kauai for 5 nights. My main goal here is to relax and enjoy the beauty of the island. We want to do a jeep tour or two, but I anticipate a lot of lounging. So ideally the place will have a killer beach and pool. I also want some place with hammocks on the property. Romantic rooms would also be great.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone have a favorite hotel on Kauai? What about Oahu?

• Options
    If money isn't a major concern, I have heard FANTASTIC reviews of the Grand Hyatt on Kauai.  It's on the sunny side of the island, which is also a plus!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Anyone have a favorite hotel on Kauai? What about Oahu?:[QUOTE]If money isn't a major concern, I have heard FANTASTIC reviews of the Grand Hyatt on Kauai. nbsp;It's on the sunny side of the island, which is also a plus! Posted by flash8785[/QUOTE]

I agree! My FI and I have stayed there and it was great! Loved that place. So relaxing and such a beautiful property. I remember the breakfast buffet being fantastic!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For Oahu, I recommend the Kahala resort. This resort though, is on the plush side, but it is worth every penny. There's so many amenities within the resort. It's beachfront and they even have their own dolphin lagoon in the property!! For Kauai, I highly recommen Koa Kea in Poipu. Check tripadvisor for reviews. It's 1 for all hotels in Poipu. It's a smaller boutique hotel with impeccable service. It's really meant for couples. It's one of the most romantic places I've ever been too and was voted that on tripadvisor. FI proposed here. And we'll be comin back here to get married.
  • Options
    We stayed at the Koa Kea in Poipu on Kauai and it is a very nice boutique hotel with great service and their restaurant Red Salt is delicious!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We booked Koa Kea on Kauai for our honeymoon.  It looks so beautiful!  We got a really good deal on www.luxurylink.com, you should check that out.
  • Options
    I freaking love the swimming pools at the Kauai Hyatt. And, if you score one of the cabanas (we got comped one for being there on our honeymoon) looking at the ocean, even better! I loved it there. The spa is AH-MAY-ZING.
  • Options
    We're at the Grand Hyatt Kauai right now and getting married here tomorrow :) It is heaven! The pools, grounds and spa are amazing and the staff is fantastic. We are also being comped for a cabana, got upgraded to an ocean suite and had 2 complimentary bottles of champagne and flutes from tiffany's. It is pricey but totally worth it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ktabin - I hope you have a WONDERFUL wedding!  Congrats.  Will you message me your vendor reviews when you're done?
  • Options

I've been to the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki twice and I loved it there. That's one of yourbest bets if you want to go to a more touristy area (i.e., Waikiki).  

We are getting married on the North Shore of Oahu at the Turtle Bay Resort and though I've not stayed there before, I've seen photos, and saw the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and it looks amazing.  It's quieter and more private so you might want that for your honeymoon.  After our wedding, we are going to move to Waikiki and will be staying at the Sheraton Waikiki - heard it's great there too and some friends had been and had good things to say.

Suggestions above are on the pricey side though.  

Anyway, good luck and have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards