Hawaii
Options

Welcome new brides! And existing members...Survey time!

It seems we have some new members of the community lately!  This is awesome!  We definitely look forward to getting to know you better, and watching your plans as they unfold.  Help us get to know you!

Your name:
FI's name:
Wedding date:
Wedding location/island:
Favorite hobby:
Pet peeve:
If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be:

Also, if you'd like to be listed on the Hawaii Bride Calendar, just mention it in your response and I'll get you added! 

Calendar here: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_hawaii-bride-calendar-1

Re: Welcome new brides! And existing members...Survey time!

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Not quite a newbie and not a regular... some where in between.

Your name: Lyn, Lyn-Lyn, Sneaky Asian (yes I have friends who think they're funny)
    FI's name: Steffen aka Danish Man
    Wedding date: June 21, 2012 (under 6 months now.  Boy has time flown by)
    Wedding location/island: Beautiful Olowalu Plantation House, Maui
    Favorite hobby: Currently playing puzzle games.  When summer roles around I hope to surf more often.  Brrr cold water.
    Pet peeve: Rubber neckers at car accidents, seriously people don't look just drive!
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Williams and Sonoma!!!  I want that Le Crueset Set and the complete set of Wushoff Knives.
  • Options
    Your name: Kendra
    FI's name: René
    Wedding date: March 26 2012
    Wedding location/island: Outrigger Reef, Oahu
    Favorite hobby: Cheerleading!!
    Pet peeve: Oh, so many.  Toilet paper on upside down, yes Motolyn, people who can't drive properly, I could go on.  Mainly stupid people
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Macy's.  We don't have one and everything is always on sale anyway, so I'd probably get everything for $1.  

• Options
    Your name: Kimmy
    FI's name: Drew
    Wedding date: 07.07.12
    Wedding location/island: Mama's Fish House on Maui
    Favorite hobby: Tiki
    Pet peeve: When ppl spell a lot as one word. "Alot" is not a word.  
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Oceanic Arts. 
  • Options
    Your name: Cassie
    FI's name: Tommy
    Wedding date: mid-May 2013 (haven't picked a date yet because we're flexible; we'll if we can score on some cheap airfare and plan from there! FI's brother's high school graduation on Oahu is mid-May as well... so 2 bird with 1 stone!)
    Wedding location/island: most likely Kauai; FI's family is from Oahu.
    Favorite hobby: it's dorky.. but entering contests/giveaways on the internet :P ... Otherwise I love spending time with our 3 dogs!
    Pet peeve: People who don't text/email/call you back in a timely manner!
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Oh geez... maybe The Limited? Or a kitchen-y store like Le Creuset or Williams & Sonoma

We were engaged "officially" on Oct 1st this year, but I've been creeping on the boards for awhile :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have been stalking this forum for the last few months and have finally decided to join.  I am an Aussie Bride getting married in Oahu November next year and I can't wait!!
    Your name: Melanie (Mel)
    FI's name: Jason
    Wedding date: 12 November 2012
    Wedding location/island: Ceremony - Oahu - Paradise Cove, Reception - Coconut Club, Tiki's
    Favorite hobby: Australian Rules Football (AFL)
    Pet peeve: Too many to list
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be:  Any decent jewellers as I love jeewllery and what I like is all too expensive!

Please also add me to the Hawaii Bride Calendar.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas and hoping to pick up a few for myself.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE Smile

• Options
    Your name: Megan
    FI's name: Sam
    Wedding date: 5/21/12
    Wedding location/island: Maui - Kapalua Bay - Merriman's for reception
    Favorite hobby: reading
    Pet peeve: bad drivers, liars, inconsiderate people in general
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: it may not be a "store" but I would choose an airline to buy tickets to travel abroad for cheap. 
  • Options
    Your name: Lorena
    FI's name: Mike
    Wedding date: 04-11-2012
    Wedding location/island: Olowalu Plantation House in Maui (ceremony), Merriman's Restaurant (cabana  for dinner reception for our small group)
    Favorite hobby: Traveling (including day or weekend road trips) and wine. It's a tie!
    Pet peeve: Bad parkers. If you jacked it up on the first try, just back up and try again. It only takes a few seconds.
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Nordstrom. For a couple of months I was having a least one box delivered a week, but I have toned back my shopping recently since the wedding is quickly approaching. Except for my last 3 orders from Amazon this week.  :p
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hello all! 
    I'm Annie, I'm a newbie
    Wedding date: September 2012
    Wedding location/island: Lanikuhonua, Oahu
    Favorite hobby: Eating
    Pet peeve: People who wear shoes in my house! 
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Nordstrom...I have the same issues as Lorena ;)  It's like Christmas everyday, always a new package at the door.
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally missed this yesterday.  Thanks Tanq, great idea!

Your name:Jenn
    FI's name:John
    Wedding date:May 16th
    Wedding location/island:Waikiki Beach, Oahu
    Favorite hobby:I love going out to see my friends band and singing with them, I am by no means good, I just love to do it.  I know.....I need another hobby! LOL
    Pet peeve: I can't stand people who think they are better than you, lets face it everyone has a flaw.
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be:Right now, Lowes, we need alot of work done on the house.  I have so many projects I want to do just no money right now!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Kendra, that's my birthday!!! Annie, I hate the shoes thing too, It drives me nuts!!
  • Options
    That's birthday week for us!!  My Dad is teh 25th, wedding 26th, cousin the 27th, FI the 30th.  It's gonna be a wild week in Hawaii.  :)

• Options
    Your name: Jess
    FI's name: Dan
    Wedding date: 4/5/2012
    Wedding location/island: Olowalu Plantation House, Maui
    Favorite hobby: Cooking and Wine Classes
    Pet peeve: NYC tourists stopping in the middle of the sidewalk and looking up is definitely one...
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Diane VonFurstenberg or Bloomie's
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy NYE, everyone!!

Your name: Diana Lyn
    FI's name: Armando
    Wedding date: 12-12-12
    Wedding location/island: Olowalu Plantation House on Maui
    Favorite hobby: Trying new restaurants and eating at my favorites :)
    Pet peeve: People who don't understand the principle of the issue...
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Anthropologie!

Congrats to all of the new brides, everyone that got married in 2011, everyone that became engaged in 2011, and all those planning on getting married this upcoming new year! :) Have a safe one!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your name: Jodie
    FI's name: Mike (to co-workers), Kawika (to family), Sefo (to friends), sometimes I feel like i'm engaged to 3 different people! 
    Wedding date: July 21, 2012
    Wedding location/island: Kawaiha'o Church/The Plaza Club. Honolulu/Oahu
    Favorite hobby: My FI would say part-time jobs (i had 2 plus a full time job at one point), I'm a little bit of a workaholic, but I would say reading in bed, planning our wedding, wasting time on the internet. 
    Pet peeve: Being late, so I am usually the first one there!  
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Costco!  I love Costco, they have everything, in bulk!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_welcome-new-brides-existing-memberssurvey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:ef3ed97e-84b9-4610-976c-5ac7723bfd2ePost:b67bdeff-9596-43c6-9862-b5e777fadb2b">Re: Welcome new brides! And existing members...Survey time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's birthday week for us!!  My Dad is teh 25th, wedding 26th, cousin the 27th, FI the 30th.  It's gonna be a wild week in Hawaii.  :)
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Sounds like a blast!
  • Options
    Your name: Jen
    FI's name: Dan
    Wedding date: 10/11/12
    Wedding location/island:  beach, then Coconut Club on Oahu
    Favorite hobby: taking care of my beagle
    Pet peeve: smoking
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: COSTCO, for sure
  • Options
    Your name: Joanna
    FI's name: Matt
    Wedding date: 4/17/12
    Wedding location/island: Po'olenalena Beach, Maui for ceremony. Reception at 808 Bistro in Kihei.
    Favorite hobby: Watching good TV shows like Dexter and the Walking Dead. So good!!!
    Pet peeve: Jerks, bad drivers, and when people have that weird sound when they talk from dry mouth. I call it macaroni and cheese mouth. Sounds like you are stirring a pot of macaroni! 
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: I'm also going to go with Costco. That place is the best!! 

Happy New Year Knotties!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not a newbie but haven't been around for a long minute. Thought I would come in and say a little "hello"...

Your name: Mic'

FI's name: Mike
    Wedding date: 4/20/12 (yes...there's a reason why we picked that date)
    Wedding location/island: Little Blue Church in Kailua-Kona
    Favorite hobby: Currently, hangin with the doggies. But I agree with Lyn...the water has been too damn cold!
    Pet peeve: Oh...way too many to list but considering I drive 80 miles r/t a day, I would say the looky loos on the flippin' road.
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: That's a toss up between Home Depot to do some home repairs or just say "F-It" and spend it on plane tickets to a deserted island.
  • Options
    Your name:   Krista
    FI's name:     Lee
    Wedding date: Nov 27, 2012
    Wedding location/island:  Merriman's / Maui
    Favorite hobby:  hockey
    Pet peeve:  people who try on my shoes :S
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be:  Michael Kors!

Also, if you'd like to be listed on the Hawaii Bride Calendar, just mention it in your response and I'll get you added! 
  • Options
    Aloha Ya'll!

Your name: Tiffany
    FI's name: Shane
    Wedding date: June 2013
    Wedding location/island: Marriott Maui
    Favorite hobby: Playing with my 2 yr old Jack
    Pet peeve: hate to be late
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: KOHLS

So excited about our Hawaii wedding! Can't wait and now the dress I fell in love with fits the venue!! YAY!
  • Options
    Aloha!

Your name: Kassandra
    FI's name: Galen
    Wedding date: Aug 10
    Wedding location/island: Loulu Palm Estate, Oahu
    Favorite hobby: eating/singing
    Pet peeve: public bathrooms? ha
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: sprinkles cupcakes
  • Options
    Aloha!!

Been here a couple of times to get some ideas to start planning our destination wedding and decided it was time to join!!  So many great advises and ideas on here :) Please add me to your Hawaii Bride Calendar. Thank you!!

Your name: Savoin
    FI's name: Tux
    Wedding date: 8/2013, somewhere in mid-august
    Wedding location/island:  Lanikuhonua, Oahu
    Favorite hobby: spending time with my FI, watching tv, reading, playing with my dogs, traveling
    Pet peeve: rude people
    If you could have a 75% off shopping spree to any store in the world, where would it be: Anywhere I can buy shoes and clothes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards