Hawaii
Options

POLL: What are you thankful for?

Perhaps it's the fact that Oprah is off the air (even though I never really watched her, she's always on the radar, you know?) or because I've had a really rough week, but I find myself thinking that I should really start being thankful for all the amazing things I DO have.

Do you keep a gratitude journal? Does it keep you grounded?

What are you thankful for right now?

1) I'm thankful for having a family who has always been supportive and loving.

2) I'm thankful for having those moments in my job where I really get to make an impact on the lives of my students.

3) I'm grateful that I get to teach drama, because it energizes me when I think my tank is empty.

4) I'm grateful for a husband who knows when to get out of my way when I'm in a bad mood and don't want to take it out on anyone... and who knows that sometimes a glass of wine on a weeknight is just what I need.

5) I'm SO grateful that I have time during the year to escape to Hawaii (8 weeks!), and to travel around the world. That light in the distance is what's keeping me sane right now.

Re: POLL: What are you thankful for?

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew you taught but I had no idea you taught drama. That's so incredible! 

1) I am grateful for a loving fiance who always knows the right thing to say or do. I was very sick on Wednesday and he came home with flowers, orange tic tacs (my favorite!) and a single serving of ben & jerrys :)

2) I am grateful for my job even though it's incredibly frustrating sometimes. Indirectly, by helping the people who do research there get the message out, I'm helping to save lives, millions at a time... and that's unbelievable.

3) I am grateful for my parents and future inlaws. My mom and dad are the most wonderful people in the world. They have set a beautiful example for FI and I by having a loving and respectful marriage of 25 years! As an only child, they are more like my best friends than my parents, and I truly cherish the relationship we have. FI's mom and dad are both wonderful people as well and I really don't think I could have been luckier with my inlaws :)

4) I am thankful for my amazing friends who have come into my life in the last year but feel like they've been here forever.

:)

Thanks for this one Kaesha, it felt great to get out and to be positive the first thing in the morning!
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great NWR post, Alyson!  :)  For the sake of not being repetitive, I'm going to quote the above points about being thankful for an understanding and supportive husband (still getting used to calling him that!), family, and incredible friends.  Appreciative of my job and having the good fortune of being where I am and doing what I'm doing.  Grateful to have the freedom and means to do different things and experience different sights and sounds, which those less fortunate wouldn't be able to.

Since our wedding was exactly 3 weeks ago -- on a wedding-related note, I'm grateful to the incredible vendors we had, their friendship and extra efforts to make our dream come true.  On a materialistic note, I'm grateful that we didn't get rained on!!!  (It was such a close call!)  I'm thankful there were no cancelled flights, bush fires, road blocks, food poisoning, etc., and all of our guests made it to our big day!  Up until the wedding, I was quietly preparing myself for something wrong to happen that would throw our plans off-course.  Thank goodness these fears didn't turn into reality.  Still thanking my lucky stars...  

Last of all, it sounds cheesy, but I'm thankful for... TheKnot and this board!  I'm sure knottie vibes were with me on my special day.  You girls are the best!  :)

• Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great posts ladies!

I am thankful for both my parents being able to walk my down the lawn to my FI...soon to be husband...that still sounds weird to me...lol.  My dad has endured a series of health problems over the last few years...and the last two years have been extremely difficult for him so for him to be there to witness our marriage is something i will be eternally thankful and grateful for. 

I am thankful that i met my FI...he is not as sensitive or romantic as i wish he was nor i am everything he wants but we love and respect each other...flaws included.

I am thankful for my friends that will be joining us in Maui...friends seem to be out numbering family right now which is kind of sad...and without them it would not be the same. 

And i ditto fabutan...i am also thankful to this board as without it i would not have been able to plan the wedding on my dreams.

J. Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't keep a gratitude journal but should. I have lots of little things to be thankful for. I'm grateful for my sisters, they're my best friends and even if we don't talk or hang out as often as we'd like they're always there for me. I'm grateful for my handy man FI and his motivation to make our house nice & keepin up on my car & of course all the lovey stuff too. I'm grateful to have a job that provides me with enough money to live comfortably. I'm grateful for my awesome FMIL & my daddy. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The new job I started 2 months ago.  I am so grateful to have a job where they give sick days, vacation days, paid holidays, and pay 100% for health and dental insurance and I am working part time so I can also have my own business on the side..  I started my own business last year and learned FAST that I took being an employee for granted.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards