Hawaii
Options

How is it the last day of August already?!?

Practically all of my life, I've lived by the school calendar rather than a yearly calendar. Does anyone else feel like September marks a new year? I've got all my new school supplies sitting in a bag for me to take in to my office tomorrow... and while I'm sad summer is over, I'm also excited about another new year.

We're enduring another heat wave here in Toronto right now - with the humidity it feels like 42ºC (the internet tells me that's 108ºF) and I just want fall to set in. I LOVE fall weather - fall clothes, make-up, those last few bright days accompanied by chilly nights, fresh apples, pumpkins, changing leaves, bonfires... Autumn has this lovely romance to it, I think.

What about you? What's your favourite time of year? Do you have a holiday that you love? Do you live in an area that doesn't have distinct seasons (in all fairness, I think Ontario skips Spring - it's like 3 weeks long more years)?

Re: How is it the last day of August already?!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm freaking out that it's the last day of August... mostly because it means our March wedding is drawing closer!  My favorite time of year is the summer solstice.  The longer the day, the better.  Mostly, because it makes me feel better about leaving work when it's still light out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Haha I had the same thought. The month itself isn't upsetting, just that its closer and closer to wedding time. 3 months! 

I am still very much in the habit of associating a new school year with a new year. I'm really glad that it's september. I work at an academic hospital so school in session means the college cafe opens and its so much better than our hospital cafe. And football season starts this week. Vanderbilt sucks but they try hard.
    Plus september is a bajillion times cooler. TN has been obnoxious this summer (thought not quite 108!) Maybe me and FI can go for an evening run without wanting to die... 

Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love, love, love it!  Any day we get closer to July, I am all for it!  I think this is the first year that I have wished winter to come earlier.  It is crazy though how time flies! 

PS- It's rainy and a high of 60 here today - very fallish!  I love it!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Kaesha - Im with you on fall being totally awesome, I think its my favorite season.  I love the changing colors, apple picking, pumpkin everything, and football season.  I guess it helps that my birthday is in October, and I met my husband in October as well! 

I grew up in Hawaii and went to college in CA, so the whole concept of changing seasons still has some novelty for me - meaning I like them all in their own way, if only because there's some variety.  But give me a day in the 50s or 60s, where I can get away with wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and slippers (flip flops) and Im a happy camper. 

• Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you Kaesha (this is a new thing). My whole life I have been all about Summer but these last few years I have really started to appreciate the fall..... if we weren't doing a destination wedding I would totally do the fall wedding thing. The vibrant oranges and reds - love it!!! I love the comfort that comes with fall; laying on the couch with a good book and a blanket while you watch the pounding rain outside, fresh baked apple pie, pumpkins, halloween, walking down a road covered in red and orange trees for miles. This morning people were complaining about the summer weather coming to a close because it was pouring rain this morning and I piped up and said I loved it - I think they thought I was crazy LOL
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, rain! What I would do for a chilly, rainy Friday! I can't wait to take hot baths and have a glass of port while listening to the rain tapping on the window panes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    after a couple of super nice days its pouring today... i had my 1st fitting and im all depressed cuase i pretty much was told to lose 10 pounds.. my fault for ordering dress too small...

i LOVE fall. having grown up in the islands, fall is super cool and totally gets me excited for the holiday season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE FALL, just as everyone said the changing of the weather, the leaves of the trees changing colors and then falling, the rush to get things before the winter gets here i.e. those sandals on sale.  A few friends and I have the tradition that every October we go wine tasting either upstate NY or out in Long Island - it is nothing like California but still nice to get together and taste the wines.

For me this September is a bit more because I am only days away from my big day.  Would you believe it's been almost a year of planning? I'm only missing the print out of the program and the name tags - other than that I think I'm done :).  I'm freaking out in thinking what else am I missing? But I am super excited to go to Hawaii, and see the results of the planning :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards