Hawaii
Options

List of Wedding Friendly Vacation Homes!

Hello ladies,

So I've been researching vacation homes that are event friendly-- which I know is the route a lot of us want to go but it is so frustrating finding a home that allows events... I have put together a list of homes that are event friendly for all you other Oahu brides out there!

Venue only (no housing attached)

Ami House in Aina Haina, oceanfront.  Gated property with lovely huge lawn areas and extensive beach frontage.  Exterior only with use of large covered lanai, bar area and restroom.  Optional bride's dressing room.  Up to 100 guests. May consider a few more. Rates vary depending on numbers. example: 30-50 guests event fee is $2500.   (note: 4 vacation rental units next door)

Bella Kailua lush tropical estate with the Koolau Mountains as a backdrop. Lovely lawn areas, koi ponds, poolside. Up to 300 guests. Not on the ocean. This is new to our inventory and rates are being determined.

Casa Manoa overlooking city -- outdoors only with use of bathrooms for up to 75 guests.  No parking. On a hillside drive.  Rate is $3000.

Kuine Lane also oceanfront Diamond Head area.  Exterior only.  Street parking only.  $2500 event fee.  Max 40 guests.

Kate House, Niu Iki, oceanfront.  Ceremony only fee is between $1500 - $2000 depending on number of guests up to 75.  Reception is only allowed for up to 20 guests at the rate of $2500.  Booked for near dates only.

Naupaka oceanfront in Kailua, very rustic beach house.  Exterior only for maximum 50 guests until 7 pm only.  Rates vary depending on a number of factors but range from $1650 to $2850.

Elizabeth Taylor Estate and John Travolta Estates - located in Aina Haina on the ocean allowing 150 and 70 guest events respectively.  Venue rates are from $5000/$3000 and up respectively depending on a number of factors.  Plus you must use their preferred vendors for all other related services.

Polynesian Estate, interior side of Paiko Lagoon in Kuliouou area.  Up to 200 guests.  Use of interior areas of main house and large grounds up to water's edge.  Like a tropical village with lodge buildings, koa wood detail, tiki and torches.  Rate depends on actual areas of usage and numbers starting at $2500 for very small events and on up from there.

Plumeria at the Ponds - Interior lagoon.  .  Up to 30 guests.  Large lawn area at water's edge, suitable for Tenting.  Use of some interior areas possible.  Rate structure will be similar to above and depends on numbers, etc.  Extended stay is possible at this location but not required.

Waimanalo Blooms Cottage, oceanfront.  On property with owner's main house. Outside only. 50 guest maximum.  Events until 9 pm only rate is $3000.

Waimanalo Country Home - with the majestic back drop of the Koolau Mountains, this country home in Waimanalo farm country has a huge lawn area suitable for large tents.  Up to 150 guest events.  Starting at $2000 for small events -- up to $4000 for large.

Wanda House oceanfront in Diamond Head.  Outside only.  No parking.  20-50 guests $5000.

The event locations that have extended stay attached:

Coconut Villa oceanfront Diamond Head.  Up to 20 guest event with minimum 1 week rental.  Event fee is $2000 plus $850 per night for extended stay. Maximum 6 staying in house.

Dolly House in Hawaii Kai, oceanfront with very large lawn area on Maunalua Bay.  Up to 100 guests. $3500 - $4000 event fee.  One week minimum stay required.  Nightly rates vary depending on time of year from $1250 per night low season up to $2500 per night holidays. Max 12 staying in house.

Hale Koa Falls - Kahala Hts.  35 person maximum for events with the minimum 7 night rental for up to 8 people.  Rates vary depending on factors but range from $875 to 950 per night and $2700 - 3200 event.  No parking.

Hidden Treasure Villa   Secluded in Aina Haina down a private lane from the ocean.  Stunning, contemporary home awarded BIA Grand Prize.  Beautifully appointed 4 bedroom, 5 bath home.  Events for up to 60 guests with minimum required stay.  Event rate is $2500.  Vacation rates vary from $1700 to $2100 per night.

Kahala Ginger   Up to 40 guests for event $2000.  1 week minimum for up to 8 guests at $750 per night up to $1050.   Not on the ocean.

Kahala Luxury   $2000 event fee for up to 40 guests with 5 day minimum stay for maximum 10 guests.  Nightly rate varies depending on dates from $950 up to $1400.  Not on the ocean. Either garden or poolside setting for weddings. Without an extended rental, event rate is $2000 to $2500 depending on guest numbers and may only be booked 45 days in advance.

Kailua Hale   Only occasionally available for events and rentals with owner's approval.  North end of Kalaheo.  Very casual, older neighborhood family home.  Large lawn area at ocean and canal.  Event for 75 is $2000 with a one week stay at $750 per night.  Houses 8 guests.

Kalani Kai oceanfront Aina Haina.  Up to 60 guests event $2000 with rental. Rental for maximum 8 people: minimum 2 nights at $1050 per night, 3 nights at $950 per night, 4-6 nts at $850 per, 7 nts and more at $750 per. Without an extended rental the event rate is $2500, plus tax and may only be booked 45 days in advance.

North Shore Estate.  Oceanfront property for up to 150 guests events with one week required rental.  Plantation style 3bed/3bath main house and 1/1 cottage.  Huge lawn areas for tents.  Ample parking.  $12,500. total.  May consider stand-alone event.

Pink House Hawaii Kai.  Very casual older beach house, perhaps not appealing to everyone.  Up to 100 event rate is $3500 with minimum 2 nights at $1400 per night.

Portlock Villa -on the ocean in Hawaii Kai.  Large lawn with amazing view across the water to Diamond Head.  Up to 100 guest events.  Perhaps more on occasion.  This is new to our inventory.  May allow for stand alone events with rates ranging from $2500 to $4000.  With an extended stay the event rate is discounted.  The extended stay vacation rate ranges from $1000 per night up to $1800 depending on season and length of stay.  Houses 11 guests.

Also, the following houses are event friendly and have accomodations as well:

I hope this helps some of you!! It's definitely not an all-inclusive list but it's a start! I've weeded through so many websites and homes- hoping to save you all some time!

Re: List of Wedding Friendly Vacation Homes!

• Options

It was very nice of you to do this!  I would also recommend luxuryretreats.com .  This is where we found our house where we stayed and were married.  They were so helpful and attentive.  They have lots of houses throughout Hawaii.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so bummed - just found out the paiko estate is now put up for sale and had my heart set on this location ......
  • Options
    You can cross off the Elizabeth Taylor house, the city closed it down for events.  One of my friends had to relocate her entire wedding less than 2 months before her wedding day!
  • Options
    Thank you for this list! Excellent! I have been looking for 2 months and hadnt found most on your list. I'm look for homes with I site accommodations. Here are a couple I might add to your list:
    The Plantation Estate (though the property manage, Tania, has been unprofessional to deal with)
    Tiki Moon Villas
    Maleakahana Beachfront Estate
    Banyan Tree Estate

I'll add more as I find them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards