Alabama
Options

How long does it take to get a wedding dress?

Getting married in October, is it too soon to search for a dress?

Re: How long does it take to get a wedding dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not at all! I am getting married Oct 1 and already have my dress. You can always get your dress now but schedule your fittings closer to your wedding date to make sure it will fit.
  • Options
    emilyv1011emilyv1011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. Some places it takes 8 months to get a dress in so I would definitely get started! I bought a sample dress. But I have heard at David's Bridal it only takes about a month for the dress to come in. It just depends on where you go.

I'm also getting married in October :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    michelle2778michelle2778 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, not too soon at all!  It took my dress 6 months to come in!  Get it early...because you really do not want to pay the expense of having it rush ordered, cause it is expensive!!!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    its good that you are looking now..   When you do find a dress that you like it can take up to 3 months to get it shipped.. Holidays and what time of the season all play a part in shipping. I  am getting married  June 18, 2011. I purchased my dress a year ago. You will know when you have found the perfect dress.. Don't wait for the last minute then you will have to rush. Do your browsing now.. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would start looking now so that you don't have to pay to have it rushed and you can have plenty of time for fittings and other wedding details!
    If you're in the Birmingham Area you should go to Bella Couture in Mt Laurel- a wonderful shop!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards