Alabama
Options

HELP:Wedding venues

My fiance & I are on a VERY tight budget & are having a hard time finding a nice wedding site that doesn't cost an arm, a leg, & both kidneys! Anyone have any suggestions??

Re: HELP:Wedding venues

• Options
    What area are you looking in? Do you prefer indoor or outdoor?
  • Options
    I would prefer the central Alabama area but I'm willing to go farther out if I can find something that we can afford. I would also much rather have something indoors. Our wedding is October 20th & we are planning on having an evening wedding so it would be cold outside at night.

I know I still have a little time to find a place BUT we are also trying to find a house in the middle of all of this (so stupid, I know lol) so I'm trying to get as many big purchases done as early as possible.
  • Options
    I know that Tannehill Park has a few rentable buildings out there that are pretty cheap:

Brierfield Ironworks out in Montevallo also has a church & other buildings available:

In general, look at state parks and government owned buildings- They'll tend to be cheaper. 

Good luck!
  • Options

gateway golf course in montgomery is pretty cheap!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I will check into them!!
  • Options
    I would check with the civic center and then a lake or barn depending on how elegant you want it. I would also recommend stone bridge farm in cullman.
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I checked with the civic center & it was a no go for our date. I will check on the Stone Bridge Farm, thank you! :)
  • Options
    Christ Church at Branch Cove is a cute little chapel and they have a very nice reception area.  http://www.christchurchbranchcove.org/ They are located in Odenville.  They are very reasonable and include tables and chairs.

• Options
    I know its a bit pricey, but have you checked The American Village in Montevallo?
    I know several people who have gotten married there and it is beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We found a place today!! The Bryant Conference Center in Tuscaloosa, which is actually PERFECT because my honey is a HUGE Alabama fan! Thanks for all of the suggestions. I really appreciated the help!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I live in Tuscaloosa and the Bryant Conference Center is nice, but you have to remember that if it's a home game, finding a hotel will be next to impossible unless you are willing to drive at least an hour (unless you book your rooms ASAP). Plus, it's on the university, within walking distance to the stadium, so parking will be a HUGE problem. This is if it's a home game. If it's a by week or an away game, you won't have any problems. And there are SO many great places to do pictures on campus!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards