Ohio-Columbus
Options

Columbus Caterers

We are really trying to book a caterer for our May wedding next year and I am having trouble with people getting back to me! I have been really wanting to use a certain company but it's been over and week and I still haven't got their proposal. We are limited in who we use because we can't spend a ton of money. Does anyone have any recommendations? We looked at places like Cameron Mitchell's but I think it was too expensive. Our wedding/reception is during the day so we are saving money by going with a lunch. Our date is really popular so I want to get a move on this, and people won't return my e-mails or phone calls! Help! LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Columbus Caterers

• Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used Laura's Catering for our wedding in September and she's SUPER affordable (we did a pasta chef station, 2 chefs, for just over $15 per plate, including appetizers, linens, plates, etc.) She will definitely find something to fit within your budget. 

laura@lauras-catering.com
    www.lauras-catering.com
    614-288-3351

Their office is in Gahanna near the corner of Hamilton & Morse, and she actually just opened up the storefront next to them to have for bridal showers, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've heard great things about laura as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard some good things about Berwick Catering from some of my family members! They actually suggested them to me, but my venue has a caterers list that you must choose from. Anyway, check it out I think I remember their prices being pretty reasonable.

http://www.berwickmanor.com/catering/
    Our baby! image Sadie
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My caterer is Perfect Plate.  Their prices are very reasonable, miyfood is $15/person and includes two entrees, two sides, a salad and rolls and the food is all amazing.  Although they do weddings their primary business is for companies so I know they do a lot of lunches.  Their website is: www.perfectplatecatering.com if you want to look at a menu.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our catering company, Bravado Catering is very affordable and our chef's cuisine is to die for! Please contact me if you'd like any information, I could create you a proposal and we can do a taste testing to see what you would like!

Sincerely,
    Kristy

The Clock Tower Premier Banquet & Conference Facility
    Events Coordinator
    Kristy Fulmer
    events@columbusclocktower.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Visit our website for more info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

@Brit... was that $15/person for everything? Like the linens, plates and everything??

I am so frsutrated with the company I was waiting on for a proposal... they are supposed to be really good, too. I even sent a reminder e-mail and she said she was working on it. :( This was forever ago! I appreciate all your suggestion! I will check out all these places!
  • Options
    hailey513hailey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Berwick Manor. The food is awesome and they have worked well with me.
  • Options
    dorian430dorian430 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Boardwalk Catering.  The food is delicious and very reasonable.  Laura, the owner, worked with us to stay within our budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't recommend Nicole's Cafe & Catering enough! We LOVE her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Metro Cuisine and have been really happy with them. Chelsea, our coordinator, is on top of everything and super knowledgeable about our space (since we dont have a site coordinator).

Also, as a bonus they were HALF the price of Cameron Mitchell without even squeezing to make the budget.  Cameron Mitchell is tasty but they asked what the budget was, then doubled it in the proposal.  
    image 210 Invited
    image 140 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 38 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_columbus-caterers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:154a8332-402a-417b-b3ea-9eb68a65487fPost:e7feaa52-f6b3-40bb-a0d7-b91fb0452191">Re: Columbus Caterers</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Metro Cuisine and have been really happy with them. Chelsea, our coordinator, is on top of everything and super knowledgeable about our space (since we dont have a site coordinator). Also, as a bonus they were HALF the price of Cameron Mitchell without even squeezing to make the budget.  Cameron Mitchell is tasty but they asked what the budget was, then doubled it in the proposal.  
    Posted by stanzi113[/QUOTE]

Yikes! So... staying away from Cameron Mitchell for sure! :)

I thought about checking out Metro Cuisine... they also do table and chair rentals which we might need as well! Our reception is at a church so we also don't have an on-site coordinator. I will e-mail them and see if they are available on our date! Do you happen to have Chelsea's e-mail address or phone #?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I have so far had 2 bad catering experiences during this planning process, so I hope I eventually find a good one!
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using PC Events and have nothing but great things about them!  The food is super yummy, and their pricing is pretty affordable.

http://pceventsinc.com/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards