Alabama

Venue crisis!

I'm from the Birmingham area in Alabama and I am having the hardest time with finding a venue. I'm doing a country rustic outdoors wedding and I really want something with a barn, or on a farm. Something really southern. I've searched and searched and only the big named stuff has come up and I clearly can't afford 5k for just the venue alone. =/ Does anyone know of something like I described around here?? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Venue crisis!

• dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Birmingham as well. I am on a really tight budget. I have had a tremendously hard time finding a venue. A country rustic feel? Have you looked at the 4H Center in Columbiana? It is really affordable. As far as a barn or farm, I do not have any idea for anything really afforadable. Anderson Gail Farms or Sonnet House comes to mind but they are both a little steep.

What are you doing about catering, etc? When is your date?
    **October 8, 2011**
  • StephanieR5StephanieR5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of the pleace you mentioned. I'll definitely check it out. I looked into The Sonnet House...yeah, reeeeally expensive. As for catering, there's a place I'm looking at right now called Huckleberry Farms in Jasper. I actually have an appointment with them this Sunday to come out and look at the place and get the info. I know they have an on staff caterer who can pretty much do any menu you want. I just don't know if I HAVE to use her or not. I'd like to actually have a dinner at my reception and as far as professional catering goes, you can't get that for under $20 a person and I just can't afford that at all. So I'm either hoping that for some reason their caterer is really cheap OR I'm allowed to bring outside food in. Because if that's the case, I have family who will do it for me.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Jasper and I haven't been to Huckleberry farm, but a few high school classmates of mine had really pretty pictures from there. Please post how the place is. Thanks and Good Luck!!!
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
  • edited December 2011
    Also try American VIllage in Montevallo.  They have a barn there and it's very reasonable.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend who is getting married next month at Stone Bridge Farm and she is also doing a rustic theme. I believe she is paying around 3500 for the venue, the flowers, the catering, and a DOC. They have a lot of places you can use outside and also a barn for an indoor location. She will be having an outdoor ceremony and a reception in the barn.

Here is a link:

http://www.stonebridgewedding.com/templates/System/default.asp?id=51931
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ashley!

I was on here looking for a venue myself and saw your post. I am now officially getting married at Stone Bridge October 8th!!
    **October 8, 2011**
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_venue-crisis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:38bae57e-b05e-4e2e-bc72-5e2fcf2c0c00Post:57f2c11c-2909-4441-87cd-a6cb9d153b23">Re: Venue crisis!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Ashley! I was on here looking for a venue myself and saw your post. I am now officially getting married at Stone Bridge October 8th!!
    Posted by dannette926[/QUOTE]

YAAY! Glad I could help someone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind, but I teach lessons at "The Hitchin' Post" in Kimberly (a little ways north, straight up I-65 then off of HW31), and they might be able to accommodate.
  • alliargyalliargy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey be sure to check out the Wills Creek Vineyard...it is awesome.
  • bdeddingsbdeddings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In answer to your crisis post. I immediately thought of Huckleberry Farm in Jasper. I hope one of the previously listed fit your needs for a reasonable price!

On another note--I'm also getting married at Stone Bridge Farms. I fell in love with it before I saw this post though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards