Alabama

Honeymoons?

Out of curosity, where are you going for your honeymoon?  For how long?  Any special excursions, etc?

We're going to a Sandals in Jamaica.  We haven't booked it because we're waiting on our passports but I KNOW I'm swimming with dolphins.  There's no wiggle room there. :)

Re: Honeymoons?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know where I am going, it is going to be a suprise!  I know I am going some where good though. I had to apply for a passport. We will be gone a week. That is all I know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agh, Samantha!  That's so fun!  When are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to Disney World and Universal Studios for a week.  I am taking an additional week off work after that to settle into the new apartment, get my name changed, add FI to all my insurances, send out thank you notes, decorate for Christmas (it will be December by then), etc.  I am counting that as part of my honeymoon because I get to sleep in and hang out with FI between errands.  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Italy and Switzerland two months after our wedding. (It's cheaper to fly in the shoulder season and the weather is nicer, too.) We're splurging on one very nice hotel in Positano, then a more reasonable hotel in Rome, and staying for free with a friend of mine in Luzern, Switzerland. With any luck we'll be able to visit Pompeii as well as the ancient sites in Rome. We also plan to do quite a few fun things with my friend in Switzerland, including going to the top of Mt. Pilatus and exploring an old fortress museum built into the mountainside during WW2.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_honeymoons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:56b26a3f-e774-4a51-863f-918d87e713f6Post:cf991ea5-743c-4511-95ec-e837bb20ecc8">Re: Honeymoons?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to Italy and Switzerland two months after our wedding. (It's cheaper to fly in the shoulder season and the weather is nicer, too.) We're splurging on one very nice hotel in Positano, then a more reasonable hotel in Rome, and staying for free with a friend of mine in Luzern, Switzerland. With any luck we'll be able to visit Pompeii as well as the ancient sites in Rome. We also plan to do quite a few fun things with my friend in Switzerland, including going to the top of Mt. Pilatus and exploring an old fortress museum built into the mountainside during WW2.
    Posted by hckaczyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh wow.  This is awesome!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! We are getting married October 8th!!!! Ugh I can't wait to find out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay dumb question, but it is bugging me! How do y'all make it show whos message you are replying to?  Like in response to...........
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beneath the message, there is a link in green text that says "Quote."  Click that.  ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Ahhh. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Sandals in Antigua. FI is planning most of it out for us but there will definitly be a helicopter ride of the island and I think an ATV excursion.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_honeymoons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:56b26a3f-e774-4a51-863f-918d87e713f6Post:420ede87-3ea8-4a3d-aa32-8f6eb5e1c175">Re: Honeymoons?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to Sandals in Antigua. FI is planning most of it out for us but there will definitly be a <strong>helicopter ride</strong> of the island and I think an ATV excursion.
    Posted by adriennect[/QUOTE]
    Sweet!  I'm not brave enough for that, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• AngelSong76AngelSong76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cruise out of New Orleans to Cozumel!  The excursion we are looking at is a tour of Mayan ruins, an afternoon on a beach in Mexico, and a couple of hours shopping before going back to the boat.  I may try to do some snorkeling if there is time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards