Alabama

Wine buying question

Does anyone know of a place in AL where you can buy wine and return unopened bottles? Or is this even legal in Alabama? TIA!

Re: Wine buying question

• edited December 2011
    Not sure about the return part, but if you are looking for a deal on wine...Trader Joe's sells their cases of house wine for $25, which is like $2/bottle.  And you can mix and match whatever you want it to be.  And it doesn't taste bad...not to mention the label doesn't make it look cheap.  The closest one is in Atlanta, but saving $100's of dollars is such a deal and worth the drive.  You may want to call and ask about returning unopened bottles too!
  • edited December 2011
    In the state of Alabama, it is legal to return unopened alcoholic beverages as long as the label is still intact.  So as long as you keep them dry, you should be good. Cool

I would try Sam's and Costco.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • stacey.taylorstacey.taylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be careful about Trader Joe's wine (two-buck chuck, Charles Shaw, etc).  I've had some that's good, but the last 4 bottles of it we have tried was awful!!!
  • MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would double-check on return policies in Alabama.  My FI bought me a bottle of wine at a grocery store in Huntsville, but he got the wrong kind.  He went RIGHT back in to exchange it and they said that it was a state regulation that they couldn't do any alcohol exchanges/returns even though the bottle was unopened, he had the receipt, and he had only been in there a few minutes earlier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You are right, stu, it is in fact illegal to return alcohol in Alabama. I found this out last weekend, when FI and I went into a liquor distributor/store and asked the owner. So much for that plan!
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm....that's strange because I know Costco has in the past, and I just called to verify nothing has changed.  I will do some more research and update later!

• edited December 2011
    I got married May 2008.  We bought tons of wine from Wal-mart.  The very inexpensive under 3.00 bottles of wine.  We had a great time and what we had left over, we returned to Wal-mart. 
  • edited December 2011
    We did the walmart wine too-- and saved the extra bottles to drink later in the year!
  • edited December 2011
    Still not sure about returning bottles, but we did find Sam's had several varietals that were the 1.5 L bottles for $10 so essentially a 750 mL bottle is $5, which is the best I've found for a decent bottle of wine. There are of course cheaper options but who would want to drink some of that? The one we'll go with (I think) is Robert Mondavi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards