Alabama

Outdoors evening wedding advice!!!! Sorry kinda of long

Okay so I am new to this board so HI everyone.  I did the intro with all the questions if you want to know a little bit about me.  Anyways I really am painted into a corner and could use some advice.  I am getting married in October so the time won't have changed yet, and I am wanting to have my wedding around the time the sun is starting to set.  My ceremony really shouldn't be that long I don't have a large wedding party and we are just doing to traditional vows and the unity candle.  The problem is I refuse to let my fiance see me before the wedding just to take pictures!  The pictures are important to me but I want the first time he sees me is when I am walking down the aisle.  Okay sorry the problem is he is worried that we won't have enough time to take pictures before it gets dark so he wants me to move the wedding time up.  Oh forgot to mention I was planning on taking as many pictures before hand that don't include us together. So the only pictures that have to be taken after the ceremony are the ones of us together. What do y'all think? Do I need to give up on the evening part?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoors evening wedding advice!!!! Sorry kinda of long

• edited December 2011
    If I were in your shoes, I would move the time up so I could use the sunset for the pictures of us.  I feel like those are the pictures I will display into the future, not the ones of us at the altar, etc.  You could still play with the light- maybe something like a 6:30 ceremony where you'd get the sinking sunlight in ceremony pics and by 7:00-7:15, the sky is being painted with its awesome colors for the pictures of the two of you.

ETA: Hi, btw!  Nice to meet you!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!

I am in the same boat as you are, except that I'm getting married indoors in November AFTER the time change.  We are doing every picture that doesn't involve the two of us before the ceremony.  The ceremony itself is being held at such a time that when it ends it will be right about sunset, and pictures of FI and I will be taken outside then.  Pictures with the two of us with our whole families will be inside.  But the grounds at the church where we're getting married aren't that great, so most of our pictures will be indoors anyway.  HTH!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards