Alabama
Options

Frustrated With Huntsville!

Does anybody know of ANY kind of Spanish style venue where I can hold a ceremony and/or reception. I am extremely frustrated because I can't see to find any place that I really love. We are having a good 200 people at our wedding, and so that already rules out a good amount of places.

I like the Sonnet House in Leeds, AL even though it doesn't have a Spanish style. But because of FFIL, we can't really travel. The farthest we could go would be Guntersville.

Any help, advice, photos, etc would be very much appreciated!

Re: Frustrated With Huntsville!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't know your budget or your feelings towards golf clubs, but this place looks amazing and big enough to handle your 200+ gathering.

https://www.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=19512

Don't get discouraged! The right decor can turn any old place into your Spanish-style dream!

• Options
    lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I clicked on the link but it said that the message had timed out. What's the name of the place and maybe I can look for it using Yahoo.

I'm trying to get discouraged. But I know that we probably won't have a very big budget and so I am worried that I won't be able to afford decorating it to fit my vision.

(I'm not yet engaged, but other posters have made me nervous about making sure I get the venue I want. So I'm trying to get an idea of places I like so that we can book one ASAP (of course after he proposes))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry about that... its called The Ledges Golf Resort. 
    Remember as a budget conscious bride you are not alone! Be prepared to modify your plans! The Sonnet House was my first choice too and when I found out the price ($6000 for Saturday or Sunday) I felt like I would never find anything to measure up! Keep looking and finding ways to improvise! You're smart to start early!
  • Options
    lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you have any idea about the pricing? It looks very nice. I like it a lot, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm trying to be calm about it all!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ledges is pretty expensive too.  But the PP is right, with the right decor, any place can be turned into what you're wanting.  Before selecting a place, I would try to draw or find pictures and make a collage of what you want and possibly, even a list of what you don't want.  Once you do that, know that they're not set in stone and things change, but it's a great start.  There are a good amount of places in Huntsville that are just bare and you decorate.  I didn't think that until I started wedding planning.  My wedding will be at The Officer's Club on Redstone Arsenal.  It was absolutely the most reasonable and the most accomodating when I was looking for a place.  They are great.  They have their own chef and wait staff and they're used to having 300+ for military events.  They are closing in Feb 2011, right after my wedding, for renovations.  Then there's 500 Gooch Place in Madison.  I've heard of it and seen pictures but I have not been able to locate a price.  What time of year would you want your wedding in is also something you need to consider.  Whether the wedding will be indoors or outdoors or a combo of both.  Lots of questions but honestly, I'd love to help you if you want help.  PM me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JaciAngel9: IDK how to PM anybody, nor do I know how to even check my messags on here. I haven't done anything like that.
    Also, I have a full weekend ahead, so it may take some time for me to get back with you, but I definitly will! Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards