Alabama

Have you had any FMIL drama?

I have been hearing a lot of FMIL horror stories recently, and I started to wonder if everyone goes through this in the weeks and months leading up to their wedding.  So have you had any run-ins with your FMIL/MIL?
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Have you had any FMIL drama?

• edited December 2011
    Oh I know everyone does. But my FMIL has been nothing but helpful. i have had mother drama though. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mine's been okay so far... We let our parents invite 30 people each, and FMIL returned a list with 80+ names on it, but a lot overlaped with what we already had on the master list... Plus, all but about 6 of the people are actually family, and we don't mind stretching the budget a little to include family. We still need to talk to her about it, but I don't think she'll be too crazy.

I'm in Samantha's boat, though- My mom is making me nuts!
  • edited December 2011
    Well my MIL has her dramatic moments, but it didnt start until we got engaged. She is super nice most of the time, but occasionally she has her menopausal moments and she is not so nice.  She has been known to fly off the handle over tiny little things sometimes.  Remeber you just have to let it roll off your shoulders...she will be family and we can't pick our family.
  • edited December 2011

every time i talk about mine and FI wedding she gets all pissy with the puckered lips and the whole nine yards

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_fmil-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:df8834d4-6f8f-4253-ae7d-9639cceec9d5Post:ddb701da-000f-4fa8-b5fc-6c52f0472891">Re: Have you had any FMIL drama?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine's been okay so far... We let our parents invite 30 people each, and FMIL returned a list with 80+ names on it, but a lot overlaped with what we already had on the master list... Plus, all but about 6 of the people are actually family, and we don't mind stretching the budget a little to include family. We still need to talk to her about it, but I don't think she'll be too crazy. I'm in Samantha's boat, though- My mom is making me nuts!
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

Thank you! lol I am glad to hear I am not the only one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_fmil-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:df8834d4-6f8f-4253-ae7d-9639cceec9d5Post:42d5320f-9a85-4050-9017-ea1aa730fd49">Re: Have you had any FMIL drama?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you had any FMIL drama? : Thank you! lol I am glad to hear I am not the only one!
    Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]
    I have you both beat.  FMIL gave me a list of over 300 people.  I told her to cut it, and she came back with like 225.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_fmil-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:df8834d4-6f8f-4253-ae7d-9639cceec9d5Post:b3a3b8dd-1e9c-47b1-a3f4-418399c4da37">Re: Have you had any FMIL drama?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I know everyone does. But my FMIL has been nothing but helpful. i have had mother drama though. lol
    Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]

THIS EXACTLY! :)
  • johnessjohness member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, my Mom also wants to be remarried vicariously through me, but, I just have to grind through it...
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah- My mom tried telling me today that the wedding wasn't just for me and the FI, but was also a celebration for the parents so she should therefore be able to invite anyone she wanted.

Um.

Wtf.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_fmil-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:df8834d4-6f8f-4253-ae7d-9639cceec9d5Post:30b839f2-ebcc-458a-9abf-e3c182e5f0e1">Re: Have you had any FMIL drama?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah- <strong>My mom tried telling me today that the wedding wasn't just for me and the FI, but was also a celebration for the parents so she should therefore be able to invite anyone she wanted.</strong> Um. Wtf.
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]
    I think my FMIL said pretty much exactly that, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards