Alabama

Venue-Quail Creek

I'm getting married at Quail Creek Golf Resort in Hartselle. The chapel is beautiful and has an attached dressing room for the bride. However, my FMIL had to go up there and discuss all of the additional charges that kept coming up. They do offer a wedding coordinator as an optional service for a charge of $1000. We declined to use their coordinator. We just needed the facility and catering. When I got my final price list, there was a charge of $350 for a wedding planner that was never discussed and some of the rental fees didn't seem right. When I questioned the $350, they told me it was a standard fee they charge all brides to for emails and phone calls and putting together a spreadsheet for the event staff. We thought it was ridiculous to charge $350 to email price quotes. FMIL went up there (I've been working two jobs in the month leading up to the wedding) and had the lady breakdown every charge and found a total of $900 that we were being overcharged. It's been corrected now and hopefully everything will go smoothly on the 22nd. If anyone else is using Quail Creek, just really double check all your numbers.

Re: Venue-Quail Creek

• JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had to go through with that. We looked into them and decided not to go with them becuase we wanted to use our own catering, and we thought that what we were getting for the price was not worth it. Good luck.
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards