Alabama

Help... Best Huntsville Bridal Shops?

I will be traveling to Huntsville (from Birmingham) on Saturday and I need to know which are the best Bridal shops to visit? This will be one of my first trips looking for a wedding dress and I'm not very familiar with the Huntsville/Madison area. I'm not interested in big ball gown type dresses, more or less just vintage, simple style dresses.

Any help would be fabulous!

Re: Help... Best Huntsville Bridal Shops?

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Modern Brides twice for bridesmaids dresses and they were really nice - didn't try any dresses on at shops in Huntsville though. They have a pretty big selection there. David's Bridal is decent, but the same as David's you'll find anywhere. There is also Madison Town and Country which is actually down the road from where I live. They're supposed to be more of a "posh" place and they're smaller, but I've never been inside even though I've been meaning to go for a while. Good luck!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    hckaczyn summed it up.  I kept hearing ALOT about "Something Blue" in Hartselle and supposedly there's another bridal store that opened up across the street from Something Blue. Burch and Hatfield off of Drake Ave, near Pkwy Place, have bridal gowns also. 

When I did a Google search, here is what came up:
    Madison Town and Country - in Madison off of Hughes Rd
    Modern Brides - Regal Drive - between Bob Wallace Ave and Drake Ave (next to Pkwy Place Mall)
    David's Bridal (where I got mine) - Off of University Drive near Target
    Burch and Hatfield - off of Drake Ave and Pkwy
    Jean's Boutique - Regal Drive - between Bob Wallace Ave and Drake Ave (next to Pkwy Place Mall)
    Elegant Weddings and Formal Wear - 2419 Oakwood Avenue NW - Map says its close to Pulaski Pike and Oakwood Ave intersection
    Kathy Rose - Bridal and Formal Wear - 2530 Sparkman Dr NW
    Act II Consignment Shop - off of Univeristy Drive across from WalMart in shopping plaza with Phil Sandoval's
    B3 Beauty & Bridal - 2320 Governors Dr

I would definitely look into stopping in Hartselle on your way up.  I've only heard good things about Something Blue which is not what I can say for some of the above stores.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    BTW: Please let us know where you go and your experiences.  Everybody is different and every sales person is different so I will tell my experiences after yours :-)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I did a google search and came up with the same places. I will be taking my soon to be MIL with me, so I wanted a place that had a lot to choose from so we wouldn't have to drive around all day visiting multiple locations! I wish Alabama had more vintage/ consignment Bridal shops to offer. I'm not a fan of all these "posh" crazy pricey bridal boutiques. :P

I will let you know where I end up and how it goes!!
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Something Blue in Hartselle to look at bridesmaid dresses. The store is a lot smaller than I thought it'd be. They were nice though, helpful without being intrusive.

If you're looking for resale shops, Act II Consignment Shoppe is a little more upscale and I've seen them carry wedding dresses.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Act II Consignment Shoppe
    6125 University Dr. NW
    Huntsville
    971-2282
    Upscale resale with boutique atmosphere. Across from Wal-Mart Supercenter in Burlington Coat Factory Center.

www.brandiesboutique.com/" target="_blank">Brandie's Boutique Consignments
    181 Hughes Rd.
    Madison
    461-9650
    Designer look without the Designer price.

Our Secret
    411 Hughes Rd.
    Madison
    830-0400

Act II will be your best bet I think .. I found the above 3 in an article on about.com

We really don't have many cute consignment shops that people know about.  I usually hear about random ones opening and closing a lot.  Sorry girl.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You girls are great, Thank you. I ended up just going to Modern Brides. I would have to say that my experience was good, very friendly staff, but ultimately they didn't really carry what I was looking for..... they mainly had fuller, ball gowns. Oh well..... still trying to luck up on the net with vintage stores or consignment shops!! :)

Thanks again for all of your help!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad your experience with them was good.  If you have time, look through www.houseofbrides.com and see if there's a designer that has vintage looking dresses.  I would think ATL would have some good consignment shops but I haven't looked. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards