Alaska

Engagement photos?

Where is a good place for enagagement photos? I am in the Anchorage, Eagle River area. Due to work, we are getting married June 18, 2011. We got engaged in the  beginning of February 2011 and he's been so busy with work that we haven't gotten engagement photos yet, but definitely need to ASAP. I am clueless as to where to go. We don't want to spend a bunch of money, but I also don't want to just go somewhere based on price. I'm hoping for some suggestions :) Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement photos?

• tamaralenaetamaralenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a photographer myself, www.lifetimeimagesalaska.com so of course I'd be willing! 

I work with David Jensen for weddings, and also go to him for my personal photography and L-O-V-E him too. 
    Most photographers in town are fairly good, with a few duds thrown in. PM me, or check out my website for more info. I'm getting married June 11 here in Anchorage.

Good luck either way! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, your photographer should know spots to go, you shouldn't have to worry about it.  I used PS Photography for my B-Pics and they are AMAZING!!  Their photography is beautiful and they are the sweetest, funnest girls ever!  Love them!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    www.chriscupp.com
    He does amazing photography!
  • edited December 2011
    Are you wanting locations? Or Photographers? We plan to use Chugach Peaks Photography. FI did A LOT of research is very particular about the quality of photos PLUS we wanted to be able to have usage and/or copyrights to our photos and we get both of that with Chugach Peaks. I'm thoroughly impressed and have never heard anything bad about them.

For locations, there is always Beluga Point, McHugh Creek, Flat Top, the Coastal Trail, Pt. Woronzof, etc... the outside locations are endless. I know some people who did pics at the botanical gardens and the Anchorage Zoo.
  • dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Alaska Design & Photography and are looking forward to getting our Engagement Pictures back this week.  We took them down in Ship Creek because FI wanted a more industrial look.  They looked great on the camera and I can't wait for the edited copies to arrive.  There are tons of outdoor locations, but scout around if you take them right now because a lot of places will have yucky brown snow or standing water due to the weather.
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Ekstasis Photography www.ekstasisphotography.blogspot.com facebook: www.facebook.com/ekstasis.photography We got all we wanted and the price started at $350 - way cheaper than anywhere else! And I'm talkin about the wedding - not just the engagement pics The best best best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards