Arkansas

Am I lucky or what?!

Tonight, I'm going to meet with the manager of Gaucho's Restaurant in Little Rock (along with the parental unit, the fiance, and fmil).  The owner of Gaucho's (Jerry Barakat, who also owns many other restaurants in AR and other states) is very VERY close friends with my dad.  When my dad mentioned that I was getting married, Jerry said, and I quote "Mike! She's like family! I'll take care of her, don't worry." And by that, he meant catering my rehearsal AND reception for FREE!!! I hate to brag about it, but this is SOOO amazing, considering the fact that we had no clue what we were going to do since our budget has changed dramatically.  The reception dinner will just be hors d'oeuvres, but who cares?!But anyway, I'm really excited to meet with them tonight about it, especially since I'll get a break from all of this school work!And I should have some engagement pics posted soon for you all to see :)

Re: Am I lucky or what?!

• amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations! Score one for Dad. *lol* :)
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, that's awesome!!PS - I met your FMIL today when I went in for a TB test this afternoon.  I'll be back on Thurs around 3-3:30ish...don't know if you'll be working or not.  What a small world!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are definitely extremely lucky, that's for sure.  I keep thanking my lucky stars :) Danielle--she told me on our way to dinner tonight :)  I'll be there on the right side of the building, doing the fun home health work.  (I might actually be back there working on school stuff lol).
  • edited December 2011
    Thats a Blessing!!!!! Great news because catering is a BIG part of a wedding budget. I'm happy for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards