Arkansas

Hello Arkansas brides!

Hello all! My name is Sarah and I've been using this site for a while now to help me plan my May 2010 wedding. I've got my dress and accessories, bridesmaid dresses, booked the ceremony venue and reception venue, and have started getting a solid guest list made. I've kind of hit a wall of what to do next. The next big thing, I suppose, that I want to get done next is getting a set price for the catering. We're doing a "buffet" type dinner. Nothing too formal. Our reception venue requires that do our catering through them. We are wanting to do a brisket- type bar-b-que for the main dish type thing, with just your typical side dishes (i.e. potato salad, baked beans, rolls...etc.). Does anybody have any idea of what kind of price would be reasonable? I'm clueless!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello Arkansas brides!

• We're doing the same meal. Some friends of the family have a smoker on a trailer we are borrowing and having brought in (FREE)... We are getting all of our meat and food from Sam's Club (Very good deals on Brisket, Ribs, etc... about $400 total!) and having a good friend of Fi's who loves to grill cook.... (FREE) of course we will give him a nice tip for doing that for us.. but catering would have been alot more expensive. I'd try to work w/something like that if you're on a budget! HTH!
  • amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're kind of doing the same thing as Courtney...buying everything at sams, and I have 6 ladies from my mom's office that have offered to cook, set up, and clean up. We are saving so much money that way!
  • edited December 2011
    Great ideas. My venue doesn't allow outside food :( However, I'm kind of excited about having some "fancy" food. LOL
    Just Married!!!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We were originally going to purchase everything for our reception ourselves but have gotten lucky and don't have to worry about that now. But I would definitely suggest Sam's...they have really great deals and you can get a nice variety of things so that everyone leaves satisfied :)
  • Hellyeah, the Sam's here just opened and the meat is so reasonably priced and very fresh! I think it's a PERFECT idea. Where are you getting married if you don't mind me asking?
  • amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, we went to Sam's this weekend to buy the stuff for my wedding this Saturday, and came in right at $300 for everything - which was about $200 less than what we'd budgeted. So definitely go to Sam's!
  • myowsurrendermyowsurrender member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Mt. Nebo and having the reception at Bay Ridge Boat and Golf Club. We're also not allowed to bring in any outside food, so we have to work with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards