Arkansas

New Here

Hello All! I'm new here, I've been engaged for almost three weeks now. The fiance proposed to me in Eureka Springs at the top of the Razorback Observation Tower. It was beautiful! Anyway, we're planning a wedding that we hope will happen in about six months (super soon) in the Central Arkansas/Conway area. Plans are coming along swimmingly, except that I keep having these major freak out moments over pretty much everything. My friends and family are really laid back, as is the fiance. They will pretty much encourage me to do any and every thing. It's already been a little frustrating. Anyway, I'm happy to have a place where I can go to talk to other brides!

Re: New Here

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!6 months is plenty of time!  We planned ours in 7 months and we live here and got married in NY (where I'm from).  A laid back attitude is great, but it can be frustrating at times.  These forums are good because people can be honest instead of just telling you what you want to hear.When are you getting married?  I can add you to the list, if you'd like.  :)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • katielynn0123katielynn0123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to The Knot! And congratulations on the engagement :) Six months isn't that bad for planning, just as long as you stay organized and on top of things.  By the time our wedding comes, it will have been 10 months since the engagement (so a little longer) but 6 months is definitely fine. The AR board can be a little slow, but most of us do check on here quite a bit and will be more than willing to help you out if we can.  Sucrets convinced me to visit the Planning and Etiquette board after a while and I really enjoy it--there are a lot of regulars who keep it running and it's very entertaining.  And it's not all wedding-related, so it's a nice escape from the constant wedding talk. Anyway, welcome and good luck in your planning :)
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To add to katie - P&E is a GREAT resource for etiquette - the girls there really know what they're talking about.  But yes, it's not all wedding related and it's never sugar coated, so just be beware.  Not to be cliche, but it's a good idea to lurk there for awhile first to get a feel for it.  There are some really awesome women there, though!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • spiffyabigailspiffyabigail member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! It's great to meet you all. 

We set our wedding date for April 24th and we actually reserved a reception space this week. I'm very excited, now I just have to work out a thousand of the other details.

Thanks for the introduction!

Oh, and here is a picture of Me, my fiance, and the bling!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards