Arkansas
Options

Displaying Mother's Wedding Dress at Ceremony--Ideas??

I would like to display my mother's wedding dress at my wedding. I want it with pictures of my grandmother's weddings as well. Any ideas as to how to display the dress without just putting it on a mannequin? Do you think that would look creepy?

Re: Displaying Mother's Wedding Dress at Ceremony--Ideas??

• Options
    mljames04mljames04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW it wouldn't be a mannequin with a head....one that a seamstress would use...just a form to hold the dress up.  Just wanted to make that clear. :)
  • Options
    spiffyabigailspiffyabigail member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there is a super cute picture somewhere on this website that i have seen before, but i just can't find it right now. it's similar to your idea, but it has the mother of the groom's wedding dress as well. 

it's definitely less creepy without the mannequin head. i think it would be cute as long as it isn't just by itself in the middle of the room. i would suggest that you scour the reception ideas photos and see if you can find anything similar. 

you could see if there is anything from your grandmother's wedding that you could display (like a hat/veil or gloves or a purse or something). one idea would be to get a replica of her bouquet made in silk (or real) flowers.  
    i love the idea of displaying family photos and memories! i say go for it, but be creative in how you display so that people aren't totally confused (what is this mannequin doing here?!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to display my mom's, however, my fiance's parents are divorced. I don't know if it would be tacky to just display my mom's. What I am wanting to do is display our grandparents' wedding pictures on the mantle of the fireplace at our reception and have my mom's dress in front of it. I don't feel like I shouldn't be able to display pictures of my parents because my fiance's parents are divorced. We havent asked my MIL here opinion. Any opinions would be helpful.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards