Arkansas
Options

Northwest Arkansas Caterers

I am trying to find a caterer in NWA.  I originally thought about making all my own food (I'm kind of a foodie, I'm on a small budget, I need some healthy options because of a weird medical problem I have).  However some friends convinced me that this was insane, and I figured that I would probably be way too stressed out to do it all myself.  

I wanted to do hors d'oeuvres, and I'm kind of on a tight budget.  Do any of you know some great, reasonably priced caterers in the area?

Thanks!

Re: Northwest Arkansas Caterers

• Options
    I'm using Southern Hospitality Management! I'm using their venue out at Drake Field and they are catering for me, but they do catering for any event.

I know Marketplace caters and they have a menu on their website. Check it out! It would stress me out waaaay too much to make my own food.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks so much guys!  I've heard some good things about Krutons/Festivities.  I will give these folks a call.
  • Options
    I'm using the Event Group with Shellie Morrison. They have been amazing! Shellie has worked with me on budget and menu. My venue (UARK Bowl) gave them rave reviews!
  • Options
    I'm meeting with Greenhouse Grille next week, but our wedding "theme," if you can call it that, is "let's be eco-friendly and support local businesses, farmers, ranchers, and growers." So it makes sense for us.
  • Options
    You should call up BHK (Brick House Kitchen) in Fayetteville, too.  I don't know how much catering they do, but I've seen where they've catered events.  They're about to open a restaurant on the Fayetteville Square (where Hjem was).  They are very big on using local ingredients.

Greenhouse Grille is great, too!  A friend of mine had a destination wedding, but then had a dinner/reception at Greenhouse Grille.  It was awesome!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_northwest-arkansas-caterers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:71b3c3f3-1d5b-436d-93ef-8af19f750336Post:af5d2878-8233-45ca-8aba-94c05a58df60">Re: Northwest Arkansas Caterers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm meeting with Greenhouse Grille next week, but our wedding "theme," if you can call it that, is "let's be eco-friendly and support local businesses, farmers, ranchers, and growers." So it makes sense for us.
    Posted by runpipparun[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    If you are using Southern Hospitality Management - I HIGHLY suggest you call to make sure that your wedding is still going to be taken care of!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://eurekasprings.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_northwest-arkansas-caterers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:71b3c3f3-1d5b-436d-93ef-8af19f750336Post:2155cd0b-58eb-47da-8ffa-80676012e53d">Re: Northwest Arkansas Caterers</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are using Southern Hospitality Management - I HIGHLY suggest you call to make sure that your wedding is still going to be taken care of!
    Posted by dancenhance[/QUOTE]

SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY STOLE  our deposit.  No email, no website, no phone number to reach anyone.  Anyone else have this problem?  I'm sure they have stolen plenty of deposits at this point and I'd love to track down a group of people with the same issue.
  • Options
    I actually am going with a smaller catering business located in Rogers.   
    http://www.lesliescatering.com/

The Event Group was kind of dismissive of my budget.  I understand if they would rather stay open for getting a bigger wedding where someone pays more.   But they wouldn't even give me any sort of proposal and referred me to Golden Corral catering. 

I never got any response from Southern Hospitality, but I heard they were having problems (i.e. taking deposits and not informing brides they wouldn't be doing their wedding)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_northwest-arkansas-caterers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:76Discussion:71b3c3f3-1d5b-436d-93ef-8af19f750336Post:a19695a6-94ab-44da-a93d-6f1465405cd9">Re: Northwest Arkansas Caterers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Northwest Arkansas Caterers : SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY STOLE  our deposit.  No email, no website, no phone number to reach anyone.  Anyone else have this problem?  I'm sure they have stolen plenty of deposits at this point and I'd love to track down a group of people with the same issue.
    Posted by auntbethie22[/QUOTE]

Yes, this happened to me and one other bride on this board that I'm aware of.
    imageVacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards