Arkansas

No bar in NWA wedding

Hi girls! So my parents are usually against having alcohol at weddings because they are very strict Christians. I am a Christian as well but I really don't think it's a bad thing for people to have open bars at their weddings. However, we don't have a huge budget and our wedding will be held at a church with our reception being down the street at an event place. Will I upset people more by not having a bar because I really don't see it necessary for people to be tipsy just to enjoy a wedding!!

Thanks!

Re: No bar in NWA wedding

• jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I personally wouldn't think a thing about it, but some people are upset by it.  You know your guests.  Do the weddings you attend in your circle usually have alcohol? 

• tigerboo0810tigerboo0810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I've been to a couple of weddings in my hometown in NE Arkansas and noone ever had it there. I've been to two in NWA and neither had it there either. So I'm assuming I'm okay, i've been reading a lot of magazines and blogs and websites and everyone is so set on a bar being a must, it made me feel bad! But I think it will be fine.
  • melissak1qmelissak1q member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some have it, some don't. If they don't like it, oh well! It's about the ceremony and a celebration. That doesn't have to include alcohol unless YOU want it to! I've gone to weddings/receptions that each went their own way on the subject. Is alcohol enjoyable? Sure! Necessary? Nah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards