Arkansas
Options

Food Ideas - Hot Springs Bride

Hello,

I am getting married on October 6, 2012 at the Old Mill in Hot Springs.  Our wedding will be outside close to sunset and then we will have an indoor reception.  We are expectign 150 guests.

My plan is to have a semi-formal wedding.  I am leaning towards finger foods and heavy hor' dourves , but I want more than basic chicken fingers, sandwhiches, and cheese trays.  However, I am having trouble finding food suggestions.  Everything I see online is either super casual (ie. BBQ) or super formall (ie: lasagna cupcakes or nitrogen bar ice cream).

I need ideas for food items, as well as hot springs area caterers.

Re: Food Ideas - Hot Springs Bride

• Options
    The Green Herb sucked big time for us. We called trying to get a quote and she didn't call back. I called again about our quote 2 weeks later and the same lady I talked to had forgotten about it, but she would get the quote ASAP for us. Three months goes by and still no call. So I ring her again to add something to the quote, never hear back from her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just got it, YGPM back! And we ended up having a friend cook BBQ for us. It turned out great apparently so I was happy with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We used Special Touch Catering, but I'm not sure it's still open.  Joann was awesome.  We had trays of small sandwiches along with fruit and veggie trays, but we also had a carving station with a smoked pork loin and rolls along with a couple different sauces.  We had spinach artichoke dip with the little crispy bread things that I can't think of the name of right now.  That's one of our favorites.  Oh, and we had baby bakers.  They are tiny little potatoes roasted and covered in a dressing of your choice.  They can be served hot or cold and could definitely be a finger food.  Those were a big hit at my wedding.  We didn't have any left.

Ravioli, sausages or meatballs would be good too.  This is making me hungry. 

• Options
    I am also using Old Mill Chapel. I've booked Bubba's Catfish for my reception.

After months of looking over every caterer between Hot Springs and Little Rock, I decided that a fancy, expensive meal can often be pretty on the plate but not so delicious. If a place makes your meal and bring is from an hour away, like I was thinking about a place in LR, what are the odds that the temp will be good? Plus delivery fee, set up fee, all that. I decided that simpler will be best.

Bubba's will bring the trailer out 2 hours before the wedding to prep. Then at mealtime, deliver hot, fresh catfish, chicken and shrimp plus all the sides for a very very reasonable price.

It took me a long time to get to the point where I was ok with something so simple. I wanted fancy, I wanted gourmet, but the truth is, we aren't fancy, gourmet ppl. We will be happier with the hot, fresh meal of things we like. Plus, we'll save money to use toward other things that are more important to us.

Other than that, the most reasonable place I found was in Little Rock, Rx Catering
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sarabeth0951, you joined today and your only 2 posts are advertising this caterer.  Your post on the budget board was removed and this post has been reported.  Vendors are not allowed to post.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards