Arkansas

Outdoor wedding venue help, Please!

Hello, fellow Arkansas brides, I need help finding an outdoor wedding venue for October 2013. I'm trying to stay within a 2 hr drive of Little Rock so I've been looking around Hot Springs and around Russellville/Morilton. The kicker is that we will be having 150-200 guests and most places can't accommodate so many.Rolling hills or mountains in the backdrop would be great. I've looked at 4 or 5 places so far:
 Enchanted Evening in Roland is lovely as I would love to have Pinnocle Mountain in the backdrop, but they can't accommodate more than 120.
Hamilton House in Hot Springs looked great on their website, but when we got there it was smaller than we expected and not as pretty as the website's pictures had portrayed.
I loved Petit Jean mountain as a child, but there was no open spot to have the ceremony. The CCC conference center as a reception site would've been great though.
Mount Nebo has an enclosed pavilion with a stone balcony overlooking the valley. Very pretty, but I don't think 200 people could fit on the balcony/patio.
This week, we will be looking at the Lake Degray resort in Bismark. From the pictures, it looks like exactly what I want (mountains in backdrop, water nearby, reception site nearby) but I am trying to come up with a backup plan in case it doesn't work out. I am running out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor wedding venue help, Please!

• I'm not sure how far Mount Magazine is from LR, but I've seen photos from a couple of weddings there that have a gorgeous backdrop.  Also Alda's Magnolia Hill in Little Rock is a great outdoor venue (but no mountains - does have nice scenery though).
  • I'm having my wedding at Hidden Chapel in Alexander Arkansas. It is right outside Little Rock, and can accomodate quite a lot of people if you're having the reception outdoors as well.

Gloria, the lady who owns the place, is also a photographer and offers quite a few exclusive packages.

http://www.bridesinbloomphotos.com/
  • Thank you, Ladies! We did end up booking Lake Degray Resort in Bismark, AR. As soon as I stepped out onto their lawn, I knew it was the place. Our wedding date is set for Friday, October 18th, 2013 and I couldn't be more excited. I might have booked a photographer (we are meeting this Saturday) and I'm shopping around for a videographer. That should give me a headstart on the planning process : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try looking at Belgian Meadows on Facebook, they are in Little Rock!! And there is another place in Little Rock Double Tree Farm they are also on Facebook! 
  • The guys at Belgian Meadows were a little strange. There was a lot of phone tag and they weren't very nice or professional. It's their first year as a wedding venue and I got the impression that they were in over their heads. I could be waaaay off base, that was just my honest opinion and what I gathered from our conversations. I decided to go with Lake degray instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dont forget to check us out if you want a spectacular grand entry to your outdoor wedding. www.princesscarriage.com. We also offer a grand exit for bride and groom after the ceremony and even some rides for your guests during the receptoin! We travel state wide. White on White horses and carriages, custom decorations in your wedding colors, fromal attired driver and footman. We are fully insured and travel state wide. Brought directly to your event. 
  • I am getting married and having the reception at the Old Mill in Hot Springs.  We are having an outdoor wedding and an indoor reception, but the site has an indoor backup site incase of bad weather.  They told us that the reception area  will sit 150 people.  We are planning to use the outdoor garden as overflow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards