Arkansas

NW AR wedding locations

We're in SW MO, but love NW AR. Hate the dry county closest to us, but love Eureka Springs area.  Most of the venues I've found online in that area are for smaller weddings (less than 100 people).  We're looking at 120 to 150 people.  Any good spots out there you can point me to?

Re: NW AR wedding locations

• edited December 2011
    The Crescent Hotel and The Basin Park Hotel in Eureka are both gorgeous places.  Eureka is a lot of fun in general.  I haven't been to a wedding out there, but it's definitely a popular wedding place (and an easy "destination" wedding for guests in the area).

Is Fayetteville too far? 

Pratt Place Inn and Barn in Fayetteville is pretty cool.  I'm using the Inn and the terrace on it for both my ceremony and reception, but we're only having about 75 guests.  The barn, though, is pretty awesome. If I were having more people, I would go for the barn.  www.prattplaceinn.com

The Inn at Carnall Hall is always a popular place.  It's on the edge of the University of Arkansas campus and just off Dickson Street.  Lots of old-hotel charm.  You do have to use their catering, Ella's Restaurant, but it is amazing food.

The sister venue to Carnall Hall is UARK Ballroom.  It's a former bowling alley that's been transformed into a large reception space.  It's just off campus on Dickson Street.  The woman who books Carnall Hall is also the one you would book UARK Ballroom through.  You have the option of Ella's catering, but you are allowed to use any vendor you wish.  The thing I love the most about UARK Ballroom is they have a marquis out front (like an old movie theater) and they put your names up there for your event (great photo op).

Go to www.nwaweddingideas.com for more places.  I booked Pratt Place immediately after becoming engaged.  Since then, I have discovered so many places around the area!  I don't regret my choice, but I think I might have explored a little more had I known about some places!
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Did you check into Thorncrown?  It's in Eureka Springs and is really beautiful.

http://www.thorncrown.com/weddings.htm
  • devindenaedevindenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is our area as well, and my FI and I are looking at the mildred b. cooper chapel in bella vista (my family is from Branson area and his is from Fayetteville area)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards