Arkansas
Options

StageManager14

What happens if we don't send out save the dates? Would that still be okay? And what if we do send it and we have a falling out with a guest yet they already got their save the date, do we still send them an invitation?
I'm asking you since you have a lot of posts and seem to know what you're talking about when you do post.

Thanks

Re: StageManager14

• Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm not Stage, but:

-You don't need STDs. They're mostly useful for a destination wedding or during the holidays, when people might need to know about it well in advance, but are not necessary.

-The word on TK is, as far as I can tell, if you send them an STD, you have to send them an invitation. Which makes sense, because most STDs usually have the phrase "Formal invitation to follow", and I'm sure you can imagine how it would feel to get one and then NOT recieve an invitation. If it's a mutual falling out, they probably won't attend anyways.

I'm sure Stage will correct me if I'm mistaken on anything, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_stagemanager14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:efd07094-27c7-4e33-96db-7ea7102c17f1Post:5cef9fde-1394-4cea-98f1-3bdee0eb82be">Re: StageManager14</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I'm not Stage, but: -You don't need STDs. They're mostly useful for a destination wedding or during the holidays, when people might need to know about it well in advance, but are not necessary. -The word on TK is, as far as I can tell, if you send them an STD, you have to send them an invitation. Which makes sense, because most STDs usually have the phrase "Formal invitation to follow", and I'm sure you can imagine how it would feel to get one and then NOT recieve an invitation. If it's a mutual falling out, they probably won't attend anyways. I'm sure Stage will correct me if I'm mistaken on anything, but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. Hope that helps.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

• Options
    mlhubbardmlhubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't sending STDs.  Most of the people on our guest list that are OOT are family and have been passed along date information.  It's a great way to cut costs if it's not suuuuper necessary!   Two of my good friends got married this summer and didn't send them, so I figured it was okay :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'll save myself the hassle and not do the STD's considering we're making our own invitations :)

I do have another question though.
    The last 2 weddings we were to they had 2 teens get up and do some sort of religious reading at the ceremony. Is it okay to skip that? Or still have the reading but not in a religious way?
  • Options
    mlhubbardmlhubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your ceremony can be whatever you want!  We are going to talk to our officiant about his typical ceremony and go from there!  We want the short and sweet, so we are thinking possibly having him talk around 5 minutes about love, marriage, and commitment in accordance with the scriptures!  I'm not dead set on scripture reading or a song, so we are going to see what he suggests! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards