Delaware

First Dress Shopping Experience

Hi all, I just wanted to share my first gown shopping experience.  I didn't buy anything yet but even though I was a nervous wreck, it ended up being a very positive appointment and I walked out feeling much better!  I went to Brides and Grooms in Newark and Carmen helped me.  She was warm and wonderful, and calmed my fears about sizing, etc.  I actually ended up finding out that the styles I liked the most in pictures ended up being the ones that look best on me!  I walked out of there feeling very confident that I'll find the right dress, and I'll definitely go back there.  The prices I saw were very reasonable as well. 

Now I think dress shopping will actually be fun!

Re: First Dress Shopping Experience

• That's wonderful!! I live right down the street from Brides and Grooms, so I'm thinking I'll probably go up there at some point. I hope my first time looking at dresses is as exciting as yours :)
  • that's great news! i'm going to stop in there as well. my cousin got her bridesmaid dresses from there.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    She even took pics of me in the dresses with my phone so that I could see how I really looked in them.  It was really a great experience, I can't say enough nice things about them. 
  • Sweet!  I'll definitely be stopping in to see what they have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • They did seem nice in there when I stopped in! I had an even better experience at Bridal & Tuxedo Shoppe, about 10 minutes away. They were super helpful and reasonably priced! I bought a sample off the rack that looked brand new and got an AWESOME deal on it. All my girls ordered their bridesmaids' gowns from there, too! I was very happy with their service.
  • PLEASE be careful at Brides & grooms (Astro Center).  I started working with Carmen and another girl.  Everything was fine until I tried to buy my dress.  Suddenly there were a bunch of issues and things got ugly.  You could not pay me to buy from them.  I drove 4 hours away to get my dress to avoid them.  The owners are incredibly rude. PM if you want more details.  FWIW the place by the Christiana Hosp was so awesome.  I didn't buy from them b/c they didn't have my designer but they were amazing for trying to help me.
  • They seemed nice at Brides & Grooms by the hospital, but my cousin had a lot of issues with them regarding bridesmaids dresses and our shoes. It was a lot of back and forth with them and arguing. In the end, it all worked out well, but everyone has different experiences. Good luck with your dress shopping!
  • Wow, Santorini. That's pretty odd. I bought my dress at Bridal and Tuxedo Shoppe (Astro shopping center) and I had absolutely no problems. They were amazing. Carmella and a girl that's no longer there helped me out- I'd never been happier. They even dealt with my (at the time) 15 month old and her sudden temper tantrum. Actually, every girl I've talked to that's shopped there has raved about it. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

The one I went to was near Christiana Hospital-it was on Rt 4.  Is Astro Shopping Ctr on Kirkwood Hwy?  I think we're talking about 2 different shops, that may be affiliated?
    FWIW, I ended up buying my dress elsewhere, only because they didn't carry the designer of my dream dress.  I ended up with the one in my siggy!  I posted about it above! :)

• The one in Astro Shopping Center is Bridal and Tuxedo Shoppe. I don't know if they're affiliated, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards