Delaware

2010 or 2011?

I know it will ultimately come down to our decision, but maybe getting some outside input would help... My FI and I are young (22me/23 him) so I know a lot of people would immediately say "WAITTTT".  I find this somewhat irrelevant, because my belief system is based on working on a healthy relationship, not just falling into one (i.e. there is no such thing as soulmates.  You're with the person you love; you weren't meant to be.  You WORK to be in a good relationship).  Mike and I are both very educated, open and honest.  (I feel as though I need to prove that we're mature and already fully committed.  I suppose I have nothing to prove though.  It's just... you guys don't know our relationship except for what I write.  Anyways..)I want the wedding to be in Fall 2010.  The Farmhouse would be absolutely beautiful in the fall!  He is leaning more towards 2011, though has recently been saying 2010 is good too.Spring 2011 would give us more time to save since we'll be paying for a lot of it ourselves (only a few months more though)Fall 2010 is right near our birthdays, which would make it a marathon of presents... Sept - anniversary; Oct - my birthday; Nov - his birthday; Dec - Christmas.  Ahhhh.  But I've always wanted a fall wedding because it's my favorite season and it's so gorg.Spring 2011 would probably still be nice, but the foliage would be way different.  Plus, if you think about it it would be a marathon too since we plan on having kids (YEARS done the road)... May - mother's day; June - anniversary; June - father's day.OKAY IN SHORT: how did you guys decide?  I really want 2010 but I don't want to be choosing it for the wrong reasons.

Re: 2010 or 2011?

• edited December 2011
    We picked based on what time of year we wanted.  Both FI and I's birthdays are in the spring, and FI didn't want to do it around our birthdays.  Plus, FI really wanted a fall wedding- October, to be exact, which is what he got!If you can't decide based on that, check things like flowers- are the ones you want in season in the spring or fall?  Would you be paying extra?  If it really boils down to money, decisions like that can save a ton.HTH!  GL with whatever you decide to do!
  • edited December 2011
    Theres a post a few down from last week - whohoo Im engaged from Santorini (hope I spelled that right) where we all wrote how we chose our dates...  Take a look incase not everyones around... In my opinion, I would make sure you can save enough $ for the fall 2010 - if you can, go for it!   Personally, I wouldnt worry about bdays, holidays, mothers/fathers day - Id pick what makes you happy, theres always going to be something going on!  Just make sure yu have enough time to save and it wont be too tight.  FI & I had a 2 1/2 yr engagement to make sure we could pay for our wedding, and at times its still tight...
  • rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can see the reason why you wouldn't post this on the philly board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    He is probably leaning towards 2011 because he's just not that into you.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • edited December 2011
    I just looked at a calendar of holidays and it looks like March and August may be the only months without a conflict, so you should probably shoot for one of those.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards