Delaware
Options

Final Fitting

didnt go so well...  Bustle is a mess, and she wants to see me 2 more times...  So now Thurs & Tues, I will be back in for more fittings...  And then pick it up Sat morning...I was so hoping to cross this off my list.  :(

Re: Final Fitting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, Steph :(  What's wrong with the bustle?  Will she be able to fix it and have it looking pretty for the day of?I hope it all works out- especially because that's the bustle I  want to have done as well!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brit, my dress is (I guess) much longer then the one in the pic, and since she has to take up much more fabric it just doesnt look the same...  She also said, in the pic they start the layering the fabric pretty high (since the whole back is color) with my dress, she can only start the layering of fabric below my butt, since my dress has the buttons that low.  So it much more train, in much less room to layer it.When I first saw it, it was just really poofy, which kinda wasnt the look I was going for.  In the inspiration pic, it lays pretty flat, but I had big poofs of fabric sticking 4-6" out.  She did repin it up, and I think we have it ok, but she only wants to do half of it (theres like 5 rings, numerous ties, and about 6 hook and eyes) and see me before she sews the rest of the ties/rings in...  Hoping it works out ok!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I know that must have been disappointing, Steph.  I'm sure she will be able to fix it and make it look beautiful on your day!  See, this is why I had NO TRAIN, lol!
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donna - I should have listened  to you or stuck with my original desire of detachable train.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Steph....it will work out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my Gosh - I didn't know your date was so close!!  Well, I guess in a way it's good that they are being thorough if you didn't like it.  How do fittings work, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donna - my sis wil have no train on her dress...  Shes like no way am I going through all this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my alterations done by Elaine Morgan (totally recommend btw) and I called up in the spring, and was told to start coming in end of May  (with my Mom and sis/MOH). My dress didnt need much (bustle, a few stiches in the bust area to make it lay flat), my sis only needed a hem and to let the top out a bit, but my mom needed alot of work on her dress (which came out beautiful).  She had us come in once a month.  Each visit we put on our dress, and whatever needed to be done was finished by the next visit.  My first appt, she quick pinned a few bustles to give me a few options, then Brit found a pic of a beautiful bustle that I loved.  It was started, but I still need quite a bit of work over the next few days... My train is super long, and extremely heavey...  So she only wants to put half of the rest of the ties in, have me try it on and make sure shes right before all the ties/hooks/rings are in.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards