Delaware

Intro & Jewelers

Hey Ladies - Although I'm getting married in NY, I've been finding that the DE knottie board has been pretty helpful, and I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Elisha and FI & I are planning a wedding in Buffalo, NY on Sept 4, 2010. We currently live near KOP, so going to DE to buy things in prep for the wedding is great esp. since we're saving money on the tax. So on Sat I have an appt to drive down to DE to get measured for my dress! Since we're going to be down there, I thought it would be a good idea to start looking at wedding bands. Do you ladies have any rec's on DE jewelers who customize wedding bands?TIA!

Re: Intro & Jewelers

• edited December 2011
    I cant really help with a DE jeweler, I searched and searched, but kept finding the same ones everywhere I went...  We ended up going up to Philly's jewelers row.  There's 32-34 jewelry shops within a 3 block distance, its awesome.  We ended up finding perfect rings in the 4th shop we went, Desumma & Wexler.  Mine is custom, and totally gorgous!  I will say, it was a long wait - I think we were quoted about a month, but it took about 7 weeks which kind of irritated me, but after seeing our bands, totally worth it.  Also, know you can negotiate - we knocked off $800-900, so dont be afraid to throw out some #'s.http://www.philadelphiajewelersrow.com/html/jewelers.html
  • kasey12kasey12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh- that helps me out too, Steph! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Minster's Jewelers in Wilmington (not the ones in Newark).  They are small, family owned, and specialize in custom jewelry.  That's what they have a reputation for downtown in the business district, and overall in DE.  You could also check AR Morris in Wilmington, too.  While I am not sure if they do custom work or not, they are small and family owned and it's where my dad has been getting all his stuff for years upon years, so they must do something right!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't help with jewelers but I just wanted to say Welcome!!
  • MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    K SCOTT JEWELERS!!!! They custom made my wedding earrings and I just ADORE them, and they were very affordable. :) They had them completed in about a week too. :DWe bought our wedding bands from them too. They were willing to price match some of the major stores in the mall and even offered to bring the sets to us to look at while we were still deciding - ie. at work and want to see them? Cool - see you in an hour. They are awesome! Ken (the owner) is really nice and willing to help meet your needs. [url]www.kscottjewelers.com[/url]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  Us DE ladies are very nice and very helpful. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! You are right - very helpful and no snarkiness like some other local boards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards