Delaware

Veil

I am defenitely taking it off as soon as the ceremony is over....well maybe after a few pics. I think I look retarded with it on. Anyone else feel this way?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Veil

• edited December 2011
    My mother told me I looked like I was dressed for First Communion with the veil.  I didn't wear one at all... not because of her opinion, I just didn't want or need it.
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my hairstyle won't really allow for a veil, & i'm fine w/ that. i might use my sister's for a few pictures, but that'll be it.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm taking mine off before the reception starts.  However, I'm undecided if I'll take it off after pictures at the church or keep it on for pictures at the park.

I almost scrapped it on Saturday.  When I went for my hair trial, my stylist had such a difficult time getting it to stay in with the way she did my hair.  My veil has a plastic comb which just about everyone in the salon (we enlisted lots of help for ideas) agreed they haven't done a plastic comb in forever.  It was looking like my options were to either buy a new one with a metal comb, ditch it all together, or keep it in for the entire reception (no way was that going to happen!).  Luckily we finally figured out something with the help of one of the other stylists.

• edited December 2011
    I plan on wearing it as long as possible.  I paid for it, and as David Tutera said, it's the only real time in my life that I will be able to wear a veil and get away with it!  So, if I can get away with it, I will have it on all night.

Though, since my hair comb is not attached to my veil, I will have them do my hair so that if I do decide to take the veil out, I can get it out easy without messing my hair up, and leave the comb in all night.

ETA:  My veil has a plastic comb.  We didn't have any problems with it, though I am guessing that Jeremy (at Trilogy) does them (and metal combs) quite a bit (he is the big wedding stylist there).
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on leaving it in as long as I can stand it!  It's one of the big things that makes me feel like a bride. I would wear it to the grocery store if I could.
    Anniversary
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the back of the dress I might buy so I'm torn.  You feel like you really should wear it since it is very bridal.  Maybe just wear a birdcage veil for the reception?
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend wore hers all night long, including at the bar we went to for the after party! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not big on the veil thing. My mom wanted me to get one so I got seamstress Elaine to make me a simple one - it was $30 so I don't feel bad about not wearing it a long time! We are getting married outside; if it is windy I may scrap it all together!
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am wearing mine all night baby!!! LIke some of you said it's the only time I get to so why not!! I want to feel like a bride the entire night!! I might be switching veils though. A longer one for the ceremony and a shorter one for reception. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards