Delaware

Wedding bands

Does anyone know of any good wedding bands in the Delaware/Philadelphia area?  We are looking to stay under $4,000, but a lot of the bands I have inquired with are more than $8,000.  Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thank you!

Re: Wedding bands

• Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on what you are looking for.  There are plenty of places that have bands for ~$1000.
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you looking that bands cost close to $8k?  That's crazy, IMO. 

We spent $1600 on my bridal set, including the center stone.  We spent around $200 on his ring, which is Tungsten. 

We went to Jared, and actually were very pleased there.  If you want something for a good price, though, and want many places to look at once, I would head to Jeweler's Row in Philly.
  • edited December 2011

MBR--I think she means band as in to play at the reception, not bridal set.  Though that's what I thought she meant at first, too.

If you look on the link on my signature, and go over to vendors, you'll be able to see a list of bands/djs that girls all over the area have used.

Two weddings i've been to in the past few years had bands, and they were both FANTASTIC.  I don't know how much they are.  I know the one band wasn't cheap, because they're one of the most popular bands in the area, but I can't remember the name.  I'll ask them for you. 

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011

One of the weddings used "The Quake." 

www.theoriginalquakeband.com

They were pretty awesome. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    The other band was "Dame" 

http://www.dameband.com/

This one may be out of your price range... I'm not sure.  I know that my friends wanted to spend their money on the band.  And their band was pretty awesome.  I know that they also won a few "Best of Philly" awards as well.  And these guys do travel, because my friend's wedding was in Avalon NJ.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, i thought you meant rings too and not a group of people playing music...sorry, i have no suggestions though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhh now it makes a heck of a lot more sense!

If you ask on the Philly board, several girls have used bands there, and most of them will travel.  I wish I knew the name of the one band everyone raves about...maybe it's EBE?  Anyway, if you post on the Philly board, they should be able to help you more.  Most girls from DE do DJs, while girls from Philly are a mix of both.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, EBE is VERY popular over on the Philly board.  And you can get DJs and bands from there.  Some girls actually have had both.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards