Delaware
Options

BACK from the HM!!

Hey there girls!  Hope everyone has had a great week!

We are HOME!!  The HM (WDW) went FANTASTIC.  Absolutely wonderful.  Everything was great- we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, which was beautiful.  We did several special things- Cirque Du Soleil (AH-MAZ-ING), HoopDeeDoo Revue (hilarious), Princess Breakfast in Norway (What can I say?  I am a princess at heart :)), Dinner at Victoria and Alberts (very different for a country girl, but the food, the service, was fabulous), and Dinner at Jiko's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (best meal we had there- it was so wonderful, hands down).

Everything went fab, we really had a blast.  And we came home with so much crap, well, getting it home was, well, interesting.  At least our Christmas shopping is done :)

I have to say, while Disney may seem "typical" or whatever you want to say, they really have their shiit together.  Whenever we needed help (like getting a wheelchair for me from the front desk- by the last day I just couldn't walk it), they were on the ball.  Whenever there was an issue (and there were very few), they were absolutely helpful.  I had a GAC card (disability card), and while I didn't mind waiting for a ride as long as I had someplace to sit to wait, most of the time, the ride employees were helpful beyond belief and we only had to wait for a few rides (in a sitting location- they really made sure I was comfortable).  Most of the time, we were allowed to enter thru the fast pass lane, which was really helpful.  We loved it so much, we are actually thinking about doing the Disney Vacation Club. 

So, with that being said, if anyone has any comments/thoughts/experience with the Disney Vacation Club, please let me know.  Anything at all- does it affect your credit?  What if you want to sell it- do we sell back to Disney or do we sell it ourselves?  Why the time limit- I know Marriott had a Vacation Club that you own that week forever, why does Disney do a time limit?  Is it worth it?  Why should I do Disney (or any other Vaction Club) over another Vacation Club?  Any thoughts or help would be wonderful, because we really are considering this and want to find out as much details as possible from non-Disney salespeople.

I have pics (about 700 of them!), so when they are gone thru and put on FB, I will link to the album for everyone, promise. :)  Oh, and we decided after this vacation that we are putting some of our money towards a really good camera...any suggestions for a top of the line camera?  Preferably point and shoot, not SLR right now (DH wants to wait a bit and get into that himself).  Right now, we are looking at the Nikon Coolpix P100 (approx $400).  Any suggestions on this or comparable cameras?? 

Thanks girls!  It's GREAT to be back!

Re: BACK from the HM!!

• Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend a Panasonic Lumix camera.  I bought one about 2 yrs ago.  It takes amazing pictures and was only about $200.  It is point and shoot.  Mine which is a slightly older one now has a 10X digital zoom.  We went to the Phillies game sat at the top of the seats.  When I zoomed in with this camera I could actually capture the ball coming in/out on the pictures.  It is amazing I can't say that enough.  I got mine from Camera's etc in Wilmington.  If you need any further information just let me know. 

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Go to Camera's Etc... I think there are 2 storefronts, but I always got to the one by the Wimington Drama League near Claymont.  They're really great over there, and knows cameras better than anybody I know. I got my Nikon Coolpix there before I went to Ireland.. and I ran into Jim (the owner) at a work function last week.... he remembered me, that I was going to Ireland, and asked how the pictures came out. Totally sweet guy.  And their prices are sometimes better than at Best Buy.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards