Delaware
Options

Typical room blocks rate for hotels in/near Delaware Beaches

Hi ladies,
Can anyone recommend a hotel in/near the DE beaches that has given affordable room block rates during the summer season?  I was hoping to keep guests' room costs ~$150/night -- does that seem possible?  I have heard that a lot of hotels require a two night minimum in addition to charging $200-$250/night.  Is there any way to get a better deal?  I'm expecting to need 30-50 rooms at least, so am hoping that the size of the room block will get me a better deal, but am wondering if I need to adjust my expectations...

thanks!

Re: Typical room blocks rate for hotels in/near Delaware Beaches

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls -- anyone have any advice for me here?  Would appreciate any tips that previous DE beach brides have to offer!
  • Options
    tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you that I had hard time finding a hotel in Rehoboth that would do a room block with any significant discount.  I ended up reserving rooms at the Atlantic Sands and the Bellemour (not at discount but would let me do a room block) both have a min. 2 night stay.  In addition I suggested other hotels and rental agencies.  Not many of our guest have used our room blocks.  Some have rented houses and others have found places to stay on their own.  If I hear from any guest who have found a hotel with out  a two night min.  I'll let you know.  That is the biggest complaint we've heard from our guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards