Delaware

Cozy Reception Site

Hello. I am trying to find some ideas for a reception site. This will be my 2nd marriage (his first).  I did the big elaborate over the top wedding the first time around, My fiancee and I are both looking for an intimate location that would hold approximately 100 people give or take. I am thinking the Wilmington/ Southern Chester County PA area. Somewhere that we could hold the ceremony and reception all in one place. We love wineries so maybe thinking going that road but would love any ideas you may have to offer. I don't even know where to begin this time! :)

Re: Cozy Reception Site

• wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if u like wineries, there's a great one up abover allentown, PA called cherry valley. it's a bit of a drive, but it's really really pretty there! there's also the mount hope winery at the pa renn faire.

if u'd like to stay closer to wilmington, i' highly recommend Rockwood park & museum!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you...my fiancee's family is up towards the poconos so we haven't ruled out that area either! Will have to check out the winderies you mentioned!
  • wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cherry valley is right off of 33. Mount hope is out in Lancaster
  • jenfox622jenfox622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    was also going to suggest carriage house at Rockwood park & museum
  • LBug24LBug24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kreutz creek vineyard is just over the line in PA (avondale,PA). it's owned by a really sweet couple and they're really excited to work with weddings (and cheap!) They have a tent and a stage, plus a beautiful backdrop.
    It ended up being too small for our venue, but might be great for you! I highly recommend it..
    Happy planning :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Stone Barn in Kennett Square, PA.  I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE ENOUGH!  It's a converted barn, it has a huge stone fireplace, beautiful outdoor ceremony sites, just a wonderful place.  We went to a wedding there a year before ours, and it was so awesome that we said if we had not booked our place already, we would be running to book this one.  The food was AMAZING- hands down the best food I have ever had at a wedding.  It was really cozy- the wedding had about 75 guests and it was a perfect space.  They have two different halls, and the bigger one can hold more.

I don't know much on price, but you can visit it on Sundays for Sunday Brunch (probably why the food was so good- it's also a restaurant) to see what it is like and taste some of the food.

I cannot recommend this place enough.  It would definitely be the perfect location for a second, smaller, intimate wedding!

http://www.thestonebarn.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards