Delaware

Wedding Albums

Anyone have any ideas about how to utilize digital negatives and do your own wedding album?  I'm not sure how they work, or who's good, but my sister in law make some really neat albums for my dad using digitalized slides from his youth.  Anyone else trying to get their photographer's digital negatives as part of the package and then print their own books, using something like Picaboo? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Albums

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten my pictures yet, so I haven't made an album.  However, I bookmarked these knottie reviews for future reference:
    http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2009/05/diy-wedding-albums.html
    http://110709wedding.weebly.com/diy-album.html

• edited December 2011
    When you get your photos back from your photog, they should be on a cd or dvd where you can import them into your computer.  There should be no need to worry about digitalizing slides; in fact, I don't know about photog who actually does that.

That being said, to make an album is very easy, but does have limitations.  Coffee-table style books are relatively inexpensive and easy to make thru sites like picaboo, snapfish, etc.  On the other hand, if you want a hardbound flushmount album, you are going to pay over $500 to do it yourself on a site like picaboo (that's for ONE album).

One of the reasons we went with our photog, Stephanie Glover, was because she offered flushmount albums that were not in the package that didn't cost an arm and a leg.  That being said, if you can do it, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you do a package with an album.  We couldn't swing it financially, but most of the time, the photogs will offer a discount if you order the package with the album, rather than paying for the album afterwards.  We really wish we could have swung it.

Also, remember that photogs use national professional companies- companies you would not be able to use on your own.  These companies do albums and only albums, which is why a flushmount album thru your photog (or any album for that matter) will usually be cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    If you can get the photos back on a cd/card, etc... Picaboo is a great website to make photobooks on. I ditto MBR, if you can get one through your photog, do it. But, if you're looking at making a spare one, (kinda like a scrapbook) I would totally recommend Picaboo. Mypublisher does some great promos as well. (bogo 1/2 off)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The mod on the Beauty board has a really in-depth review of making her album herself in her bio and she compares it to the one she got from the photographer.  I can't remember her full sn but it's StephieHall something.  Like I said, she's the mod on the Beauty board so she's easy to find.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GREAT info, ladies! Thanks.  I'm still not sure what I'll do, but at least I've got more information now! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards