Delaware
Options

4 VENUES IN THE NEXT WEEK

This Saturday the FI and I are heading down to Earlville, MD to see Mount Harmon Plantation... It looks gorgeous and perfect for my theme - it's another place that I will need a tent for but it's cheaper than Bellevue.

Tuesday my FMIL and I are going to see The Grand Opera House. Despite warnings.. I'm not too worried about the parking issue - valet baby! The only thing I'm really worried about is if there are other events going on the day of my wedding.. it might be a little chaotic. I still want to check it out.

Wednesday my FMIL and I are going to see Bellevue Hall - although after meeting with Bachetti's yesterday and talking to them about the hidden costs related to Bellevue - I have pretty much decided that Bellevue is out. I still want to see it though.. just in case...  After Bellevue we are headed to Goodstay House & Gardens on the Wilmington U of D campus. The woman I've been talking to is sooo nice and really understands my vision she was willing to work with me as far as the menu.

My FMIL keeps bugging me to check out the White House B&B on Newport Gap Pike. I keep trying to tell her i'm not interested but she will not let it die... So looks like I have to make an appointment for that too!

Re: 4 VENUES IN THE NEXT WEEK

• Options
    huttonjhuttonj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like your heading all over the place! Keep your options open and make a pros and cons list! :) I visited a number of venues all over the area as well and decided went back and decided on the first place we visited. All the places you listed sound lovely and I've heard good things about them. I grew up in Cecil County MD near the Earleville area, if you want a nice quiet outdoor wedding that's the right place - in the middle of nowhere but if you don't mind that then that's good. Keep us posted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a busy week but good you have a plan!  Can't wait to hear how it turns out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You go girl, get those appointments done!  I posted some more places to possibly look at in your other post (hehe, sorry!), and I can't wait to hear what you think about these places and where you end up going! 

Remember, try and get the most bang for you buck, try and get a place that has the most pros (every place is going to have cons, like I said, it's just which ones are you willing to live with to get the place you like), and DON'T BE PRESSURED.  Many places will try and pressure you to sign a contract right then and there, don't do it!  Think about it, talk about it with FI and family, for AT LEAST 24 hours.  You are far enough out that dates are flexible for you; don't end up signing for something that may end up being something you don't want at all!  Also, take lots of pictures; this will help you compare places.  I mean LOTS! 

Good luck girl!  Go get 'em!
  • Options
    JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soooo much ladies for the support!!!

I will definately let you know how everything goes! Great idea about writing everything down as far as pros and cons. It's easier when you see things on paper. and MBR i will check the other post now!

Thanks again! You gals are greattttt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Mt. Harmon Plantation.  It is absolutely gorgeos!!  But honestly, I do hate that we have to rent a tent and do EVERYTHING ourselves.  I am paying a lot of money just for the land.  The tent rental with tables and chairs ends up being more than double what it cost for me to rent Mt. Harmon for the day!!!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I googled "castles in MD" and came up with some really cool places.  It was just too far for us.  A few were REALLY amazing.  Is Greystone too far or Mansion at Ridley Creek? 
  • Options
    JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know what you mean about Mount Harmon!!! She did mention to me that if two brides have a wedding that weekend - one on Sat one on Sun then they could split the tent costs?? I dunno sounds like a pain! Nice place though!!

and I checked into the mansions - one was waaayyy out of my budget and the other doesn't have any rates mentioned for september!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards