Delaware

NWR: T&Ps Please!

I thought that since there were a good number of girls on here, I would ask for T&Ps here- I am pretty much asking for them from anyone and everyone DH and I know.

One of my good friends, Kaitlyn, has RSD like I do.  Only hers is ALOT worse.  She has full body RSD.  Her bladder and GI tract have completely shut down.  She can't get rid of excess water, and retains it horribly.  She has heart problems.  She gets these lesions all over her body that are like blisters- they break, weep, and then bleed horribly. 

She's only 23.  The doctors have no idea how long she has- they won't put a number on it because they have never seen a case so bad.

She is seeing the top doctor in the world at Drexel/Hanemahann.  She recieves the ketamine treatments in the ICU there.  She had to have surgery last Friday, and the surgery caused her to flare.  She was admitted to the hospital last night, for several procedures, and will probably be there over Thanksgiving.  They are desperately trying to get her in for another round of Ketamine in the ICU, but since they only take 2 ketamine patients at a time, there is a waiting list.

Please, if you could offer some thoughts and prayers for KT, that would be wonderful.  Her and I have become extremely close, bonding over this disease.  Her FI, Joel, is like my DH- hasn't left her side, even though he is responsible for her care.  They currently can't get married because of her health- she is on her mom's insurance as a disabled child, and can't lose that because of this stupid disease.

Here is a link to her website, for those who want to know more about her:
http://setktfreefromrsd.com/

Also (I hope this works), here is a link to the album of her disease progress.  I will warn you, there are several pics that are graphic:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=2066523&id=1054220108

(If you can't click it, do a C&P)

If you can't see the link, let me know and I wll try and post to do a PIP.

Thanks everyone.  I know KT really appreciates any prayers she gets.  I really appreciate it, too.

Re: NWR: T&Ps Please!

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not look at the pics *couldn't see them* but I did check out the website. That is such a shame. I couldn't imagine going through what she goes through everyday! I think it is amazing the support she has. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers as well as her family. I think it's wonderful her man is standing by her *like yours did as well*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You know whats crazy, I have never ever heard for RSD and I have worked in the healthcare field as a nurse for awhile..strange school never teaches about it. I had to look it up. But that sounds awful and I'm so glad you are able to function and to even walk in your wedding! Now I understand why you were so excited about it :)  Bravo for not letting your disease interfere with your life. So many times I see ppl who have an illness and they let it overcome them and it ruins their quality of life and family relationships. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards