Delaware
Options

XP: Max time b/w ceremony & reception?

What is the maximum amount of time you can have between the ceremony and reception?

Here the situation:
1 hr ceremony
30 min to dismiss from pews

45 min for church pics

20-25 min drive time from church to venue

Photographer need at least an 1 hour and 15 min at a location on the way for pics
We need to be at the venue at 6pm.

Any ideas?

Re: XP: Max time b/w ceremony & reception?

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it all depends on whether u have something for ur guests to do in that time. as long as they're occupied, u can take extra time. but the moment they get bored, the fun dies down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Are you having a cocktail hour before the reception?  Starting it earlier may cut down on the wait time, although that means you may have to miss part of it.  I'm having photos done at a 2nd location so we are going to miss our entire cocktail hour.  Other than that I'd say max. 1.5 hours, maybe 2 depending on your guests.  Is there anything that you can suggest to check out on their way to the reception? Sites, shops, or even a favorite pub?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cocktail hour starts at 5:30 and this is fixed so I can't extend or move it.  I am pretty torn on what they could do.  the only thing on the way that is not bars/restaurants would be the shops in Greenville and Centreville. 

If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting for pics taken?
  • Options
    MrsPnky2BMrsPnky2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@ Santorini2011 - Where's your reception? I don't know Centreville but my reception is at Greenville Country Club. Just wondering if yours was too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Brandywine park by the zoo for our pictures. It was gorgeous!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception will be at Mendenhall.  Thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards