Delaware

Help - Bridesmaid Dresses

I bought my wedding dress at the alfred angelo store in cherry hill.  I had no intention of buying the dress there, but for sizing reasons I went there so I could try on a bunch of dress.  I went back there this weekend with one of my bridesmaids and to look for dresses and to pick mine up.  They were so rude and it felt like they were too busy to even help us. 

So I'm looking for your local shop/bridal boutique  suggestions.  Where did you go and did you like them?

Re: Help - Bridesmaid Dresses

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Irini's for my wedding dress - LOVED THEM

I went to Davids Bridal for my BM dresses (for sizing reasons also). They were very helpful considering my wedding was a month away by the time I got the girls together! Everyone got their dresses on time and everything was correct!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would second Davids just because they're really easy to work with.  The tend to have a large selection of styles, colors, and sizes to work with.

• kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you make an appointment to look at dresses?  I've noticed most places get totally bent outta shape if you dont make an appointment, even just to look.  Davids Bridal was a store that I had a HUGE problem with.  A girlfriend and me went to lunch next door to DB and wanted just to browse and the woman practically barricaded me at the door and refused to let me pass because I didnt have an appointment.

I have gone to Claires Fashions on Philly Pike and Chole there was super helpful.  I have been there for several weddings I was in too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my dress at irini's b/c it was the only one in DE that carried that designer...i was VERY picky about my BMs dresses (and it subsequently took me almost 3 months to decide and get them ordered, partly b/c i didn't want anything plain, i wanted beading and partly b/c i wanted 4 different dresses but also somewhat of a cohesive look). i found the BM dress designer i liked online then went to 2 stores that carried samples. i ended up ordering at the Bridal & Tuxedo shoppe in astro shopping center, but also looked at Brides & Grooms in newark at the same designer. both places were very helpful and i basically picked B & T shoppe b/c it was so much closer to my parents house. i also looked at BMs dresses at DB but only found one style i liked and it didn't come in the color i wanted and irini's but their dresses just weren't my style. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we had an appointment and everything.  They were just so crowded.  I think they had some appointment run past their alloted time.  When I asked to try my wedding dress on they made a big deal about saying that it was really too crowded and were worried something would happen to it.  Honestly all I wanted to do was try it on and make sure it was ok before I took it home.

The only reason why I'm trying to avoid Davids Bridal is because they don't offer the shade of blue I like.  So I was going to try a local shop that carries alfred angelo and just go there instead.  Maybe even get our tuxes from there
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Brides & Grooms in Newark, DE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! They had a ton of dresses (limited sizes however, like most boutiques) but they def carry AA lines
  • edited December 2011
    I second Brides and Grooms in Newark.  LOVE LOVE LOVE them as well!

They also carry Alfred Angelo.  I did the same thing you did- I went up to the AA store in Lancaster, being a plus size bride, found a dress that I liked (since Bride and Grooms does not carry all sizes or styles in the store), then came down to Brides and Grooms and ordered from them.

Here's why Brides and Grooms rocks over ordering from Alfred Angelo the store:  When I went to Alfred Angelo, they wanted to charge me $650 for a dress that was originally $800 (they no longer make the dress).  Then, they would add 6% sales tax on top of that!  When we called Brides and Grooms, they told me $520, and no sales tax.  DONE!

So, we went to Brides and Grooms for my BM dresses.  They were wonderful.  We did go on a Saturday, which I would not recommend doing- go some other time if you can, and make an appoinment.  But Faith and Susan are WONDERFUL.  We decided to do the thing where they choose their own dress- they had to wear the certain color, fabric, and length, but they could choose their own style.  They all loved it.  My younger sister went with a stylish, strapless, sexy two piece, while my older sister (who has 5 kids) went with a strapped v-neck one piece that covered more.  They were all very comfortable, and my older sister has already trimmed hers off and made it into a party dress and worn it to several parties.

I really highly recommend Brides and Grooms.  I wish I could have told you about them and doing what I did before you ordered from the Alfred Angelo store in Cherry Hill!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Irini's Originals in North Wilmington. This where i purchased my Gown and my BM dresses. Niki is a sweetheart!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards