Delaware
Options

WedClean Review

I never did reviews on any of my other vendors (at least not yet), but I wanted to just give my review of WedClean.com

LONG VERSION:
I'm still not sure what I want to do with my dress (keep/sell/donate) but I thought I should at least start by getting it cleaned.  My dress really wasn't very dirty at all.  There was a slight orange/brown tint on the inside part of the dress under my arms where some self tanner rubbed off and only a little bit of dirt on the hem of the dress (I wore my heels practically the entire night!).  The only other thing I noticed was that someone's wine or Coke must have just dripped onto the bottom and one spot smaller than a dime got discolored.

I decided to use WedClean after reading some positive reviews on their service.  I pad $129.95 plus $20 (optional) insurance to have them clean and preserve my dress.  I ordered the shipping box from their website, it came within a week, and I packed up my wedding dress (after documenting the stains for my own information), and sent it off to them with the prepaid UPS shipping label.

They sent me an email when they received/logged it and then another when it was shipping back to me.  That email contained the tracking information.  I'd say the total amount of time that my dress was gone was about 1 month.

I received my dress back on Monday and it looked brand new.  All dirt and stains were gone (and no new dirt, stains, or holes have appeared!).  The dress itself is beautifully folded into a trunk with acid free tissue paper and sealed inside a "trunk" with a window so that you can see it.  That trunk was then placed inside another box with a handle and that inside yet another shipping box.

What I really like about their service, compared to other preservation companies is that they allow you to remove it from the trunk.  Your warranty stays in tact as long as it continues to be stored in that trunk with the paper, you're still the owner, and no one else wears it.  There are other conditions, but that's basically the idea.  If at any point during the warranty it starts to discolor or deteriorate in another way, you can send it back to them and they will restore/preserve it again.

All in all, they did a fantastic job and I think it was well worth the money.  I never priced out local companies but I heard from other people in my area that most places charge a lot more than $130.

SHORT VERSION:
I'd highly recommend WedClean.com to anyone.  They did an amazing job with my dress.  A+

EDIT1:
The only issue I had with WedClean is that they absolutely require a signature when UPS when it's returned from you.  After UPS attempts delivery 3 times, it goes back to WedClean and they charge a service fee to make alternate arrangements.  However, from the start you are allowed to designate signature authorization from a neighber or an alternate location if you choose to.  They give you that option again when it ships.  I was concerned about this at first (I don't have a neighbor that can sign and I can't have it sent to work) however, my UPS deliveries come to my house after 4pm when I get home from work, so it turned out to not be an issue for me.

EDIT2: Pictures

Re: WedClean Review

• Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just like you, I still have no idea what I'm doing with my dress but I must agree that preservation is a good start. My dress is still hanging on the back of the closet door in my sons room  just where I left it after the honeymoon. After the holidays I think I'll seriously consider using this company. Thanks!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I figured the sooner I got the few stains out of it the better.  Plus they packed it up so nicely and it fits under the bed.  So now I've bought myself some time to figure out what to do with it.  I'll get back to it after the holidays.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards