Delaware

I. AM. LIVID! (not quite so now. he knotted his own noose XD)

Normally I wouldn't care to tell someone not to use a vendor because I had a bad experience, but I hold not my tongue for this!
BEWARE this guy! & i know some might think I skimped costwise on this guy, but he was about the same price as all the other DJs I was considering.
http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/aaa-entertainment-felton/7ef4a01da0c62a20.html
How dare he insult me like that when I still gave him a FAIR review!!!!

Re: I. AM. LIVID! (not quite so now. he knotted his own noose XD)

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's obviously no way for anyone to know who's telling the truth.  You have a right to give your review.  He has a right to defend himself.  With that said, he definitely crossed the line into unprofessional in some of his "defenses".  I can't imagine anyone else would want to hire him after seeing his idea of conflict resolution.

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think he handled that very poorly, even if he does disagree with your review.  Unfortunately he seems to have shot himself in the foot while "defending" himself.  Speaking ill of clients is never a way to generate more business.
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow, seeing your review really makes me think how many other people actually reviewed him or if he created those reviews himself. 
  • wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he changed his response today. here's a link to a screenshot of the original one.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    edited December 2011

By the way Wicked, did you hear about the possible changing of ownership of Rockwood/Carriage House?  We're so bummed, seems like it might be in limbo for a bit so we're leery of looking there now, with all the uncertainty.  It was really high on our list of potential venues!  I thought of you when I read it last week.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no i hadn't. the good thing though, is if it does switch hands, it might not make any difference to the renting of it. The greenery caterers handle all the details, so it migh still be worth checking on. good luck with it! ^_^
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'll give the caterer a call and see what's up. My concern is that if it does change hands, the venue may end up under some construction for a time, and if it's under new ownership they may end their relationship with Greenery. We'll see, I'll let you know if we end up taking a look there.
    I hate to cross if off the list but I have a friend who was left in limbo when Deerfield sold several years ago and I don't want to go through that!  The Doubletree in Wilmington is another that we want to look at, and they're in the process of being sold now, too, although that looks to be to a new hotel owner so probably not a huge deal.
    Sorry to thread-jack!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_am-livid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:83842bcd-807b-4933-9fc6-89a96017a482Post:e8c0a4c4-f043-45d1-ae54-62fca3a2115b">Re: I. AM. LIVID! (not quite so now. he knotted his own noose XD)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I'll give the caterer a call and see what's up. My concern is that if it does change hands, the venue may end up under some construction for a time, and if it's under new ownership they may end their relationship with Greenery. We'll see, I'll let you know if we end up taking a look there. I hate to cross if off the list but I have a friend who was left in limbo when Deerfield sold several years ago and I don't want to go through that!  The Doubletree in Wilmington is another that we want to look at, and they're in the process of being sold now, too, although that looks to be to a new hotel owner so probably not a huge deal. Sorry to thread-jack!
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]
    lol that's fine ^_^<div>
    </div><div>& honestly I doubt they'd put rockwood under construction. at least not major stuff. it's a historical landmark, so they try to keep it as close to original as possible.</div>
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That DJ is ridiculous.  I had a really crappy DJ (and he wasn't cheap) that I am about to review because it is not fair for other brides to be put in that spot. 
    No DJ should respond the way he did nor should he hand out cards or tell guests to ask the bride about song selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards