Delaware

MBR - Invites?

Just following up from the Philly board confession that I'm cheap about invites.

I've been going back and forth about DIY or ordering.  My former boss' husband owns a printing store so I've thought about using his business too, but my only reservation is that they are not invited to the wedding and I think it may be rude to ask him to print the invites (its a real business though, so I dont know).

What are your recs in Delaware?  I only need like 75 invites at the most, and I'm hoping to spend less than $150.

My real problem is that I don't care about invites, and feel like anything will do, but FI cares how they look for some reason.

Thanks!!

Re: MBR - Invites?

• edited December 2011
    Im not sure what type of invites you may be looking for, but i used exclusivelyweddings.com for my invites and got everything for under 150. and i ordered 100 invites, response cards, lined envelopes, printed outter envelopes place cards...I was really happy with how they came out...they even have coupons for like 20% off every now and then.
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you do decide to go the DIY route a real inexpensive website you could check out is formal-invitations.com. Their invites range from $ .60 to $1.02 an invite depending on how fancy you'd like them. Each invite includes a background card, an overlay for printing, an embelishment of some sort( charms, jewels, sashes,bows, etc) and an envelope. Then there is the option of buying the pre-printed response cards and envelopes also. They are less then $.25 each. The website also has a how-to section for all their invites.

If you'd prefer not to ask your boss...staples will print and cut them and all you'd have to do is esemble them while still staying within budget.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ElizabethPineElizabethPine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got send and seals from Annsbridalbargains.com. They were cheap $85 for 100, and they looked good.
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Apropos in Greenville.  They are so wonderful to work with, and I know several brides (my cousin, a family friend, as well as Sarah and BubblyBlondy on here) who used them, and I have yet to hear a bad thing about them.  They will work work work with you to get it exactly as you want it; my cousin went in looking for a certain invite but couldn't afford the one she wanted, so they helped her find another invite from a different company that had the look she wanted but was way less expensive.  They also give you 20% off the list price.  That's where we are going to get ours.

The other place you can check out in Delaware is Fulton Paper; the one to go to for invites is the one in the city of Wilmington.  They have a huge section, and while they aren't as helpful as Apropos, they do know what they are doing (they have been around for years, and did alot of my parents generation's invites).  They also give you 20% off the list price.

I think, if you want to save money, I would honestly go the ordering route.  I have heard so many brides, esp on the philly board, say that while it was nice to have your own personal touch on them, the time, hassle, and pricing in the end just isn't worth it (especially pocketfolds, because postage is so high on them).  I would suggest checking out the two companies here, and going from there.

FYI, you need an appointment with Apropos, you don't need one for Fulton.  Since they have alot of the same books at both places, you might check out Fulton first, write down what you like, and then head to Apropos to see what they offer.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards