Delaware
Options

Church issue update*

Just as a recap... here is my previous post: 

This past Sunday, my FI and I had a bit of a blow. We have already chosen our chuch and pastor for our wedding.  We were so dedicated to having our wedding there that the Pastor went through great lengths to offer seating arrangement ideas to fit our 182 guests comfortably. This past Sunday during the sermon, our pastor told the congregation that she was leaving the ministry! My FI looked at me in horor and said " Whose going to marry us now?" I was shocked, and of course saddened by this news. We love our church family very much and we were looking forward to being married by someone who knows us so and our families so well, but with this new obstacle, I am not sure how to proceed. Do I stick it out and deal with the new pastor... (whenever the ministry gets around to appointing one) or do I just uproot and start over again and choose another venue?  HELP

Well my FI and talked about it.. Since the pastor is leaving not only the church, but the ministry as well, she will not be able to come back and step in to do the ceremony. So in that light, we are changing our ceremony venue. This however may be a blessing in disguise. We really were at capacity with the seating. At least when we change our ceremony location we can look for bigger accomodations. So the search is on...... I have placed many phone calls in to different venues and I have my first meeting this Sat.. Wish me luck and thanks again for the advice!

Re: Church issue update*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards