Delaware

Carriage House at Rockwood Park

I'd love to hear from Knotties who had their weddings at the Carriage House at Rockwood Park in Wilmington. I'm seriously considering booking them ASAP, but would love some feedback first. Thanks so much!

Re: Carriage House at Rockwood Park

• wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i havn't had my wedding yet, but i'm using them. & omg i'm loving it already! what do u want to know exactly?
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Thanks for responding! I'd love to hear about the food (have you done a tasting?) and how it's been working with them so far. Seems like a great venue and great people, but I always like to get other opinions. Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

with the tastings, what they do is, once u sign the venue contract, they'll send u an invite for a tasting "party" they pretty much get all of their customers who have yet to pick the food together on the same day & serve small portions of a wide selection of their menu. (to save from carting the stuff a thousand time for a single person) & OMG the food is amazing! u don't get to sample the hor'deurves, but they do show examples & explain them to u. & while ur there they sit down & give u info on how the day of operates & even give u suggested liquor quantity info (they have a bartender, but they don't have the liscense to sell it, so u supply the liquor yourself)

they also have the rental lady there so u can pick out your linens & tablewear.

Patti & craige are wonderful to work with. they can be a bit slow in getting you info that's requested, but it's only because they're always busy. they do make u feel special when u have their attention though.

right now i'm waiting for them to send me a revised copy of the catering/rental contract so i can send in the big part of the deposit. (they seperate everything into 2 contracts. 1 has the space rental with just how long your event is, will the ceremony be outside, etc. & the other big one has the food, rentals, service, cake, etc.)

something i love is the fact that, as long as it's not anything that will damage stuff, you can decorate the carraige house however you want (hang stuff from the walls & ceiling). but the more you put up, the more you have to do yourself/hire someone to do. & everything has to be taken down at the end of the evening.

~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the info! You really helped explain the process. I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no problem ^_^ if u have any other questions about how it's going, feel free to pm me.

& thanks lol
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the idea of having a wedding there is so neat. It wasn't the style I wanted for my wedding (I went with a southern belle theme) but I love that style in general!! It's so perfect for a fall wedding and the way they decorate (from what i've seen in pictures) is so beautiful in a rustic way. I definately think you should go for it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hamroganhamrogan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've booked our reception for there May 2011!! As soon as we walked in, my parents and FI could tell via my face that I was in LOVE with it. Patty and Craig have been awesome so far and yes they are always busy, but only because they are amazing caterers. We also have done a tasting and the food was delicious!

If anyone else has had their reception there, please post pictures!! I'd love to get some ideas too :) I hope you book there...its amazing!
    MrsJuice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards