Delaware

engagement photos

We live in Newark DE.  I'm looking for a fun place to take engagement photos. I want the pictures to be romantic and playful.  Does anyone know a great playground? I'm open to other ideas.

Re: engagement photos

• wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    longwoode garden would be great if u don't mind the drive. they have just about any setting u would want.
  • edited December 2011
    If you want a playground setting, I would head to Glasgow park.  They have the biggest playground around.

Other interesting free locations would include
    the Waterfront (many great spots),
    Carousel Park (with the horses, as well as other nature settings),
    Valley Garden Park off Rt. 52 (They have this awesome stone wall there),

Other locations that you have to pay to get into include:
    Philadelphia Magic Gardens (it's all glass and concrete and really urban like)
    Longwood Gardens
    Gibraltar (think Secret Garden); requires a donation.

There are other locations, but these are the top ones.  If you have other ideas in mind, make sure to run them by Knotties first- some places require permits (like Valley Forge park- not to be confused with Valley Garden park), and while others require an entrance fee as well as a permit.

• fargetsfargets member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love Gibraltar!  Thanks for sharing the idea!
  • kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a playground in Garnet Valley, PA (maybe 30 minutes or so from Newark?)  Its in front of the middle school and that could make a great engagement photo session.  The playground is built like a castle and its all wooden...really great setting for osme fun photos.  We actually had my stepsons photos taken their and were considering having our engagement pics taken there since we want to include him as well.  If your interested I can give you better directions, but its off rt. 322 if your familiar with PA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    KMD- yes! That playground is awesome. i was trying to remember where it was!

Just look around in random places too... Rock hill church has a great rock hill, (ha.. obviously) and there's a covered bridge within 10 minutes of it as well. (273 in md... the bridge is off lewisville rd in PA.) That's one of the places we'll be having ours done.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Caribell13Caribell13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do ours at the Wilmington Western Railroad.  We got engaged on a train, in the dining car!!!  He did an excellent job so we wanted to incorporate that into our engagment pics, we won't have time to do it for our wedding.  My friend did hers at Battery Park in Old New Castle, I was a little nervous about how they would turn out, and they turned out really good!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards