Delaware
Options

Vent (sorry, long)

Dear Guest,

I mailed you your invitiation two months before my wedding.  I gave an RSVP date of 4 weeks after mailing them out.  You have now had that invitation for 5 weeks and I still have not heard from you.  HOW much simpler did I need to make it?  I sent that invitation with a PRE-addressed, PRE-stamped envelope.  All you had to do was check yes or no, put the little card into the little envelope, and drop it in the mail.  I didn't think that was asking too much.  I AM after all, providing you with a free meal and party.  And all I asked for was a response by this past Saturday.  That. Is. Un. Acceptable. 

Sincerely,
A getting-angrier-by-the-day bride

I mean, seriously!!!  I have quite a few people in my life that I would have really liked to invite, but couldn't because the guest list was full of people that "had" to be invited.  It really makes me mad that people are so rude.  I have tried so hard to make everyone happy by inviting friends of family and letting people bring dates that really didn't need to and they can't even be respectful enough to let me know if they're coming??  I've sent numerous emails and left quite a few voicemails and still these people don't get back to me.  Well guess what, I'm giving a head count to the caterer this Monday and if someone hasn't gotten back to me, they're not coming and there will not be a place for them if they decide to "drop by".  I'm sorry for the rant but this is so frustrating.  I've been so un-Bridezilla through this whole thing and I really didn't think that my guests would be so inconsiderate.  Guess I was wrong.  I mean, who ignores emails and phone calls about a wedding invitation?  It just burns me up.  I always get things done on time and pride myself on being respectful and responsible, and I don't expect anything of anyone that I don't expect from myself.  I just...can't believe this.  I'm mad.  And I'm trying not to be but the more I think about it, the madder I get.  My mom's right though, her theory is the one I'm trying to adopt: if they don't respond, they don't come, and that's that.  No 'maybes', no 'I'll try to make it'.  It's yes or no, black or white.  And if they don't respond, there will be no seat for them.  Grrrrr.  Happy hour, here I come!!
*Lauren*
Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent (sorry, long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards