Delaware

Introduction! kind of long...:)

Well didn't know to do this, but just read the "welcome" post and so I will...

Actally , I am not engaged yet! I am 26 and my boyfrined, Brian is 27. We are planning our wedding and are getting married on May 6,2011. Our venue is booked and with it only being 5 months and 2 weeks away I am planning without the ring! haha.

Okay so the story is I am from Delaware and he is from Indiana. I was a travel nurse and was at the time when we met. He was living in Georgia and came to San Francisco (where I was a travel nurse) to visit a friend for the weekend. She thought we had a lot in common and both single so she introduced us. Boy was she right! we met January 25, 2010 and he moved to San Francisco Feb. 25, 2010! I decided to then take a permanent position and see what happened. I mean, he did move 3,000 miles!! :) It was truly meant to be a God was leading us to each other our whole lives! Both never having relationships (if you want to call them that) lasting longer than a month, have been waiting for each other patiently! Love grew very quickly! with our relationship developing a deepening very fast we were planning to get married in May/June before we knew it! Neither of my parents  could fly out here to meet him. we booked a trip to go to DE to meet the family halloween weekend. Brian would be very brave and meet the family and ask to marrry me all in 3 days!!! ( He had already met my sister which was the biggest battle...and she loves him!) Well with wedding talk of May/June and being a bicoastal bride, I decided to do some browsing for a venue..... I just so happened to find one i love! I called JUST to see what their booking was like and how booked they were for the spring/summer. Well, of course, all Saturday in May/June were booked and only 2 fridays left!! Itwas either end of June or beginning of May. we found out June wasn't good for any of our parents and so we went with 5.6.11!  We took our trip to DE holding onto the secret that the wedding was booked. We wanted to still be respectful to my parents.

Well, Brian did it! Both of my parents love him and they gave him their permission! We have planned to go back to DE for Christmas and apparently (from my probing) I will have a ring by then......but I am waiting patiently! Either way....the planning is ON!!!!!!
Thanks for your advice and help already and for future help!
This wedding planning thing isn't easy, but it is definitely FUN!

And I'll keep you all posted on the ring! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introduction! kind of long...:)

• edited December 2011
    First off, welcome!

Second off, you are engaged!  Don't say you aren't!  Not everyone has the money for a ring, and I totally get and respect that.  He asked your parents, he proposed- as far as I am concerned, you have yourself a fiance. 

Also, a tip for your sake, because I don't want you to get flamed (yelled at over the boards)- don't go around saying you aren't engaged.  Many of the girls on here don't take kindly to that, for some reason- they feel you should be engaged to be planning, and they are often really mean to girls who aren't engaged.  The reason I say that to you is, YOU ARE ENGAGED!  Stand up and be proud to be you and have a wonderful man by your side who wants you forever!  I just don't want to see you hurt when you haven't been on the boards long at all.  Just because you don't have a ring?!  A ring is not everything, don't let it define your engagement Wink

The girls on this board are awesome, and will help you out in any way possible.  Don't worry that you are down south instead of up north, either- 99.9% of all vendors will travel downstate for free, so don't discount vendors that are up here.  You may surprise yourself!!

Welcome and CONGRATS!
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed with MBR- you're engaged. If y'all have a date set, you're totally engaged. Just without a ring. No big deal. Congrats!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    darned straight girl!! Congrats on your engagement!! I think it's cute that the two of you have this little "secret". haha. Welcome and we will help you in any way that we can!! Everyone on here is great as MBR said!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • scalhoun125scalhoun125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!! yes, we definitely are getting married on may 6th and with him booking the venue that is just as good as a ring!
    Look forward to sharing ideas and have already appreciated your great advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way...having trouble adding my ticker to the bottom of my posts....??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations and welcome!!

September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5+6=11....so cute!!!

He asked...you answered...you are engaged Laughing

WELCOME!
  • edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome! 

p.s.  my mom didn't get her ring until her wedding day.  YOU ARE ENGAGED!! 

• edited December 2011

Welcome and congrats!!!!!

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome and congrats
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay....i wrote my introduction post one day early!!!! Now its officially official! :)))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Your ring is beautiful!!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Your ring is gorgeous!

• edited December 2011
    wow! That's a beautiful ring! congrats!!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! I couldnt have picked a more perfect ring myself. he did great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards